Ricky Burns believes he can only get better as he prepares for his seventh world title fight.
The 29-year-old stunned the boxing world when he beat Roman Martinez to claim the WBO super-featherweight title two years ago. The Puerto Rican recently regained the belt and has only ever lost to Burns.
Burns showed again he saves his best performances for the biggest stage when he comprehensively outfought Michael Katsidis to claim the WBO lightweight title at Wembley last year.
The Coatbridge fighter faces another serious test on Saturday night against Kevin Mitchell, whose only defeat came against Katsidis in 2010.
The Essex fighter admits he was under-prepared for that contest amid domestic problems and is determined to make amends at the SECC in Glasgow.
But Burns is a more confident boxer than the one who announced himself on the world stage against Martinez and believes he will rise to the occasion again.
"I've always said, the better the opponent in front of me, the better I'm going to perform," the Scot said. "I think Saturday is another one of those occasions.
"I think people are going to see improvements on my last fight. The last few fights I have been getting better and better so hopefully I can go out there and do the business.
"I have just been getting a lot more confident and a lot more physically stronger as well.
"I couldn't be happier with the way preparation went. We started sparring right at the start so I'm ready to go for a hard 12 rounds."
Burns is set to fight in front of almost 10,000 fans, most of whom will be in his corner - but he prefers to shun the limelight and sees no added pressure in pleasing his home crowd.
"It is getting easier to deal with, but me being me, it just doesn't bother me," he said.
"I try not to let the occasion get to me. I'm basically just going out there to do my job.
"I am 100% ready for it, whatever happens on the night I am going to be ready to deal with it.
"I'm playing the waiting game now, I just want to go in there and get on with it."