Rakhim Chakhkiev Eyes Return in November, December
By Alexey Sukachev and Yuri Tarantin (Allboxing.ru)
Recently, undefeated Russian cruiserweight bomber Rakhim Chakhkiev (10-0, 8 KOs), who was coming off a huge knockout win over durable journeyman and former amateur star Michael Simms, reflected on his victory and gave some tips about his future in an exclusive talk with Allboxing’s Yuri Tarantin.
- Rakhim, this fight was previously penciled to take its place in August before it was rescheduled for September. Did this issue somehow affect your preparations?
- Not at all. The date of the fight had been moved, indeed, but it helped me to get more spare time and to rest a bit before further actions. I’ve visited Turkey and I’ve also come back for several days to Russia, to Caucasus. I maintained my shape and my subsequent camp was also very great. I had three weeks of sparring sessions with very classy opponents. I’m fully satisfied.
- Michael Simms was a former amateur champion of the world. He is also an extremely experienced performer, who took part in an assortment of different fights throughout his professional career. Was it your hardest fight or not?
- Well, maybe he was very experienced but I cannot name him the most difficult of my opponents. He wasn’t dangerous to me but it is to be said that he was extremely durable. In the first round I connected with several hard blows to the body but he was able to endure them…
- Simms has been stopped inside the ropes for the first time in his career.
- I’m not surprised with this fact. Simms is a tough guy. He was strong, so this is a win I’m very proud of.
- Were you hunting for the stoppage during the fight?
- No, definitely not. I’m not coming into the ring to knock my opponents out at all costs. If it comes my way – then all right. If not, I won’t be too disappointed either. I know the chance will always come my way. I have no doubt about it.
- What about your next fight?
- I’ll come back to action in late November or in early December. The opponent hasn't been designated as of yet defined, but chances are high that the fight will be scheduled for twelve rounds.
I like that guy a lot! Hopefully he stays active and climbs fast!Comment by Pirao on 10-03-2011
Can't wait to see him fight again, I hope he challenges for a title soon.Comment by dan_cov on 10-03-2011
Great news, can't wait to see this animal back inside in the ring. R.I.P whoever is unfortunate enough to have to fight this beast!Post a Comment/View More User Comments (3)