Photos: Carl Froch-Glen Johnson Mega Event Gallery
On Saturday night at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlanic City, WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch (28-1, 20 KOs) won a tought twelve round majority decision over former light heavyweight champion Glen Johnson (51-15-2, 35 KOs) in the seminfinals of the Super Six World Boxing Classic. The scores were 117-111, 116-112 and 114-114. Photos by Tom Casino/Showtime and Greg Eugenion.
- Zsolt Erdei TKO6 Byron Mitchell (light heavyweights). Erdei dispatched a long-past-his-prime Mitchell with two knockdowns in the sixth round. The time of the stoppage was 1:58. Erdei is now 33-0 (18). Mitchell is now 28-8-1 (22).
- Edison Miranda Rayco Saunders (very-much-over-the-limit light heavyweights) - Miranda, fighting for the first time in more than a year following a stoppage loss to Lucian Bute, returned to the ring at 182 pounds ,taking an eight-round unanimous decision over divisional measuring stick Rayco Saunders. Scorecards were 80-73 and 79-72 (twice). Miranda, originally from Colombia, improves to 34-5 (29). Saunders, of Pittsburgh, falls to 20-14-2 (8).
- J’Leon Love UD4 Lamar Harris (middleweights) - The scorecards, 40-35 from all three judges, reflected Love’s ability to step away from Harris’ wide, clubbing punches, then jump in with straight, hard shots. Love improves to 7-0 (5). Harris falls to 6-8-3 (4).
- Ivan Redkach TKO6 Alberto Amaro (lightweight/junior welterweight) - This fight went six rounds but could’ve easily been stopped in the fifth. Amaro, who fights out of Catano, Puerto Rico, is the kind of guy who applies a wealth of determination to compensate for his deficiencies. He continually came forward against Redkach, a Ukrainian who now calls Los Angeles home. Steve Smoger let it go, checking in on Amaro in his corner before the sixth and final round. The bout would last for 106 more seconds. Redkach is now 7-0 (6). Amaro is now 6-6 (2).
- Badou Jack TKO5 Hajro Sujak (light heavyweights) - Jack is a prospect fighting out of Las Vegas who had advantages in speed, skill and technique over Sujak. Jack’s advantages left Sujak at too much of a disadvantage. Jack pummeled Sujak in the red corner in the fifth round, then beat him against the ropes, then kept doing that for another several seconds after Sujak’s corner threw a towel in the ring. Once the referee finally noticed the flag of surrender resting on the canvas behind him, he called a halt to the bout. The time of the stoppage was 1:30. Jack improves to 6-0 (5). Sujak falls to 6-2 (2).
Great action fight.Comment by New England on 06-06-2011
[QUOTE=Szymonpl86;10648784]I cannot wait till ward takes Froch to school :) From the looks of it ward is even bigger then froch. Froch will not know what to do but piss himself when Ward starts switching stances :)[/QUOTE] froch had gone…Comment by UglyPug on 06-05-2011
[QUOTE=BoxeoBoriqua;10648067]Froch better be giving that girl the crazy cock!!!!![/QUOTE] no **** man, that's what im saying. how could you not enjoy the fight last night? froch wasn't disappointing at all. johnson has an excellent guard and pretty elusive head movement.…Comment by JDezi4 on 06-05-2011
Boxing needs a new point system, and like other sports, the score should be poseted on a wall for all to see. That way, any funny business will be apparent right from the start, so some official can drop the…Comment by King Ju-Ju on 06-05-2011
Froch better be giving that girl the crazy cock!!!!!Post a Comment - View More User Comments (9)