Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Pacquiao Rejects Bigger Revenue Split For Mayweather

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

Pound-for-pound king and “Fighter of the Decade” Manny Pacquiao has reportedly rejected a demand by the handlers of undefeated Floyd Mayweather Jr for a bigger revenue split in their planned megabuck fight sometime in November.

BoxingScene.com/Inside Sports learned that Team Pacquiao had apparently submitted three different offers to the Mayweather handlers but the talks were stalled when Mayweather demanded a much bigger share of the revenues. Reports had earlier indicated Mayweather wanted a 60-40 split in his favor which was apparently promptly rejected by Pacquiao.

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum who is perhaps one of the most accommodating  people when it comes to the media remained tight-lipped on the status of the negotiations.

In a telephone conversation early Friday morning Arum said “I still can’t talk” even as we mentioned that Golden Boy Promotions Oscar De La Hoya had been quoted extensively as saying both sides were close to a deal although CEO Richard Schaefer said De La Hoya told him he was misquoted.

Arum who clearly doesn’t wish to break a verbal agreement with the handlers of Mayweather not to make any statement regarding the negotiations, told us “I can’t even say that conversations are going on.”

Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz reflected the sentiments of Team Pacquiao when he reportedly said that De La Hoya was the least qualified to talk because he was not even a member of the negotiating panel.

Arum had indicated some weeks ago that he had set aside a November 13 date for a possible Pacquiao fight against Mayweather or some other opponent, dropping the names of Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and even Juan Manuel Marquez as possible opponents.

Both the media and fight fans around the world have pushed the two sides to make the fight happen while the recent public consultation conducted by the Nevada State Athletic Commission  effectively downplayed the importance of random blood tests based on expert testimony and indicated it would maintain its current testing methods. The NSAC stand is believed to have made it easier for both sides to come to terms with Mayweather backing off from his earlier demand for random blood tests up to the day of the fight.

Pacquiao had agreed to the 14 day cut-off demanded by Mayweather before the talks on a May 1 fight fell through.

Tags:
User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by andrew14 on 06-20-2010

what is the reason Floypussy is on demand again it will be a disaster..... Too much DEMANDS for this boring fighter...

Comment by floydlocaine on 06-20-2010

the boring fighter is the one who demand this 60-40? wat d F**** boxing is about intertaining and he is not deserve this thing

Comment by floydlocaine on 06-20-2010

pacquiao was the hall of famer fighter and there is no reason to agree with 60,40%. This is fight is about boxing fans wants, if floyd wants to fight pac he didnt do this thing..

Comment by jltsmae on 06-19-2010

[QUOTE=Reloaded;8657036]Manny is not the[B] business [/B]that Floyd is , this is a[B] business [/B]and since the 50/50 offer both have done business deals and again it clearly shows Floyd is the money earner , he " will " get more…

Comment by jltsmae on 06-19-2010

[QUOTE=BennyST;8657308]He is a bigger money whore than any other fighter out there today. Manny [I]Peso[/I] Pacquiao is his real nickname. Mayweather does command a bigger name and more PPV rubbish and if Pac wants the fight so bad, as he…

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (694)
Top Headlines McGregor: Mayweather Would Need To Reincarnate Bruce Lee! Pacquiao-Horn: Funding Pulled Until Manny Commits To Rematch Andre Ward: Facing Anthony Joshua is NOT Off The Table! Video: Dillian Whyte Ready For Deontay Wilder, Discusses Future Andre Ward on Top Rank Rumors, Says HBO Contract is Up Yomar Alamo Blasts Zsigmond Vaas in One For WBC Youth Belt Sean Dodd Stops Antonio Horvatic In Tom Stalker Warm-Up Photos: Oleksandr Gvozdyk, Mike Alvarado Smash Opponents Lipinets Rips Indongo, Says IBF Title Was 'Stolen' From Him Crawford on Facing Pacquiao-Horn Winner Next: I'm All For It! Mayweather Not Focused on Surpassing Marciano's Mark of 49-0 Photos: Crawford Demolishes Indongo To Become Undisputed! Photos: Dillian Whyte, Bryant Jennings Blast Out Opponents Photos: Shakur Stevenson Dominates To Win Third FIght Joe Selkirk: I Came Back To Win a World Title Whyte: My Body Shots Would Make Wilder Fall in Three or Four! Video: Bryant Jennings Talks Wilder-Ortiz, Crawford, More Video: Andre Ward Talks Crawford, Kovalev, Stevenson, More Video: Teddy Atlas Talks Crawford, Lomachenko, Spence, More Golovkin's Trainer: If We Get Robbed With Canelo - It's Our Fault Cornflake Retires From Boxing After Winning WBC Latino Title Indongo: When Terence Crawford Hit Me - It Hurt So Bad! Pacquiao vs. Horn Rematch Negotiations Heat Up in Australia Maurice Hooker Continues Unbeaten Run, Defeats Jackson Clayton Laurent Wins Big in Pro Debut With a Knockout Terence Crawford Crushes Julius Indongo in Three To Unify Crawford vs. Indongo - LIVE BoxingScene Scorecard Oleksandr Gvozdyk Blasts Out Craig Baker Shakur Stevenson Drops Paz, Wins Easy Decision, Moves to 3-0 Mike Reed Dominates Rob Frankel For Decision Win Mike Alvarado With a Wicked Knockout of Sidney Siqueira Crawford-Indongo Results: Jennings, Whyte Get TKO Wins Indongo: I Studied Crawford For Years, Most Dangerous on Inside Crawford vs. Indongo - CompuBox Historical Review Indongo's Manager Explains Weigh-In Scuffle With Team Crawford Maurice Hooker Aims To Inch Closer To World Title Shot Ruslan Fayfer Beats Junior Wright for IBF #2 Cruiserweight Spot Crawford Hopes To Fight in Football Stadium in Near Future Indongo: I Know I Can Knock Terence Crawford Out if I Have To Terence Crawford-Julius Indongo: Pre-Undisputed Report Card
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement