|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Help Prevent Premature Aging With Nutrition-Science
Aging occurs when the body's cells die at faster rates than new cells are generated. People age prematurely because inadequate nutrition resulting from poor diet stimulates cellular destruction and increases the potential for obesity, diabetes, cancer and other chronic diseases.
With improper diet, the body produces vast quantities of highly reactive oxygen molecules, known as free radicals. Free radicals attack healthy cells and accelerate the aging process. This occurs especially when we eat high-fat foods, but also occurs when we are exposed to environmental pollutants, such as pesticides and ultraviolet radiation...or consume too many calories in the diet.
Simple Steps to Help Prevent Premature Aging:
1. Take a high-potency MULTIVITAMIN/MINERAL SUPPLEMENT DAILY... to provide valuable nutritional protection against free radicals and help eliminate toxins.
2. Eat Plenty of BERRIES . . . Strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.as well as grapes and cherries all contain valuable phytonutrients called flavonoids, which have potent antioxidant activity that can fight heart disease. The naturally occurring Ellagic Acid from these berries, also promote excretion of carcinogenic chemicals.
3. Drink GREEN TEA . . . Green tea comes from the leaves of Camellia sinensis, the same plant used to make black tea....but it has more of the potent antioxidants called polyphenols than black tea.
Green Tea helps protect the liver and fight cancer. One recent study examined Japanese women with breast cancer. Increased green tea consumption was associated with a decreased risk of lymph node metastasis. Researches also found that when women with breast cancer drank five cups of green tea a day, they were more likely to be in remission six months later.
Green tea also has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels, fight tooth decay and aid in weight loss.
Drink two or more cups of green tea daily or take at least 1,500 mg daily of Green tea extract in capsule or tablet form.
4. Reduce Dairy Food Intake...No more than 3 - 4 servings of dairy per week.
Milk, cheese and other dairy foods contain Casein, one of the most common food allergens. It can deplete immune cells. Milk also contains xanthine oxidase, an enzyme that may increase plague buildup in the arteries.
Adults don't need dairy to get adequate Calcium. Increase daily intake of Calcium-enriched foods, such as juice and soy, rice and almond milk. Broccoli, collard greens, sardines and canned salmon also are rich in Calcium.
5. Supplement with FISH OIL, PRIMROSE OIL AND FLAXSEED OIL . . . These oils contain essential fatty acids...fish oil is a source of eicosapentanoic acid (EPA) and docosahexanoic acid (DHA)...evening primrose oil is a source of GLA. These beneficial fatty acids are involved in proper functioning of the brain and immune system. They also reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer...and help relieve pain and inflammation.
Take 3,000 mg to 5,000 mg of fish oil and 1,000 mg of evening primrose oil daily. If you are on blood-thinning medications such as warfarin (Coumadin), check with your doctor first. Vegetarians can substitute Flaxseed oil for fish oil, if so desired.
6. Increase GARLIC Intake . . . Garlic contains allicin, a sulfur compound that builds immunity and prevents infections. It reduces risk of colon, esophageal and stomach cancers. One study of 41,000 American women found that one or more servings of garlic a week decreased colon cancer risk by 35%. It also lowers cholesterol and has valuable blood pressure-lowering effects.
One-half to one whole raw clove daily (cooking reduces its benefits), or an odor-free Garlic supplement with 4,000 micrograms (mcg) to 5,000 mcg of allicin.
7. Supplement with SPIRULINA 2,000 mg to 3,000 mg per day . . . Spirulina is a nutritive blue-green algae that grows in warm waters around the world including Africa, Central America and Hawaii. It has become a staple for knowledgeable health practitioners because it contains all the essential amino acids in a highly absorbable form and is a rich source of protein. It also contains carotenoids, fat-soluble pigments that act as antioxidants . . . gamma-linoleic acid (GLA), an essential fatty acid . . . chlorophyll, a pigment that has potent antioxidant and anti-cancer properties...and phytocyanins, which stimulate red blood cell production. Several studies have shown that spirulina improves immune system activity. Spirulina also has been shown to have antiviral effects and a mild cholesterol-reducing benefit.
Are you interested in ready more articles about a healthy lifestyle? Visit Health for People and Pets at www.healthforpeopleandpets.com/articles.html for new information about the latest health updates and advice. Are you looking for high quality health products? Check out www.healthforpeopleandpets.com/people.html to view our wide assortment of health products.
Terry Goldman is the co-founder for health for people and pets (http://www.healthforpeopleandpets.com). The company mission statement is to offer high quality health supplements along with pet supply.
Children face worsening nutrition crisis as South Sudan fighting intensifies - UNICEF (press release)
Nutrient Requirements of Women in Sport
Female and male athletes respond to training in a fairly comparable way. As volume and intensity of training increases, so does aerobic capacity and hence performance.
What You Should Know About
I don't understand people sometimes. You know, there is a huge problem with our health care.
Nuts To You... Just One Way to a Healthy Heart
Nuts are readily available and provide a highly nutritious food. In addition to protein, carbohydrate, and fat, nuts contain many other important nutrients: fiber, vitamin E, folic acid, potassium, and magnesium.
The Versatility of Actinase Protein Complex
The ingredients list found on the back or side panel of every commercially available food product - with few exceptions - serves as the consumer's best starting point for understanding the real contents of each product. It discloses the ingredients that make up the product, sorted in order from most abundant to least abundant.
Water and Water Filters: How Much Do You Know?
Water is a vitally important component of any valuable and useful nutrition plan. This statement is hardly earth shattering or groundbreaking and few (if any) jaws will drop at the sight of it.
Explanation of Ambrotose
There are basically four major components, or essential molecular components that the body requires for what we call good health.We know about amino acids and proteins, that's category one.
Being vegetarian is one of the greatest things in the world. From good health to sufficient energy in your daily life.
Protein Wont Make You Fat: Myth #1
How many magazines have you read where they tell you to take in X grams of protein? How many times have you see .75g of protein per lb of bodyweight or 1g maybe 1.
Food with Niacin and The Benefits
Niacin, also called nicotinic acid, is a member of the B-group of water-soluble vitamins and occurs in food with niacin. Also known as B3, niacin has many beneficial properties and food with niacin should be included in the diet as part of a healthy lifestyle.
What on Earth is an Enzyme?
Enzymes are the workers in our body that make everything function, by enabling chemical reactions. All living cells contain enzymes.
Where Does Your Drinking Water Come From?
Have you ever thought about where your drinking water comes from? Most of us never give this question a thought. Yet, the sources of our water tell us a lot about its quality.
Water And Good Hydration
The key to good hydration is drinking a lot of water before, during and after any workout or activity. Water is essential for proper bodily function.
Eating to Health? Think Again!
So, what is new about this that you already don't know? Think again. It is not what-you-are-aware that is important, but are-you -alert, that is.
The Ins and Outs of Proper Nutrition
Secretly we all want just a few things in life, none theleast of which is to live a life that is healthy andenergetic. One way to accomplish this is to eat a wellbalanced diet that fuels the body to take on life'schallenges.
Food Additives Affect Behavior
On average 30% of foods in our daily diet are processed foods. These are foods that come in a box or a can and have many ingredients that are hard to pronounce, containing food starches, gums, preservatives, and colorings.
Policosinol and Cholesterol Reduction
The word cholesterol has become synonymous with poor health. Indeed, one does not typically hear the word used, or see it printed, unless it points to yet another distressing fact -- that high cholesterol is the number one factor for coronary heart disease, and the number one cause of heart attacks[i].
Nutrition Is Not Common Sense
I'd like to explain an important concept that most online trainers (even the "gurus") don't "get"..
Why are Free Form Essential Amino Acids Necessary and What to Look For!
1. Look for high quality, crystalline, free-form, amino acids (AAs) Most amino acid blends on the market are actually reduced milk or soy proteins.
High Blood Pressure? Natural Alternatives Can Help!
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a dangerous condition that can lead= to stroke, enlarged heart, congestive heart failure, kidney and eye damage, atherosclerosis hardening of the arteries, and premature death.According to a recent report released in The New England Journal of Medicine of 16,000 adults surveyed over the age of 24, nearly 30 percent had blood pressure of at least 140/90 and more than one-third of them were unaware of their condition.
How to Substitute Fat in Your Everyday Diet
Fat is a nutrient that is a contributor to the increasing problem of obesity in the world today. It's stored in the fat cells of the body.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.