|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
5 Favorite Summer-Break Tips
You can trust me that I make sure to take care to have as EnergyRich? a vacation as possible (why come back from vacation feeling bloated, a few pounds heavier, experiencing heartburn etc, right?). So I wanted to share my 5 favorite ways (food-wise and fun-wise) of making that happen!
Food For Summer Vacation
1. Bring Your Own - don't panic. I'm not talking EVERYTHING, but I am suggesting you consider the basics. Let's face it: Rest Stops, Airports, Train Stations, and Tourist Destinations do not necessarily have your best energy in mind. They generally are looking to make the most for their dollar. This is fine, but why should your body have to pay the price? So what to do? A few options for "Bring Your Own":
* A self-made, EnergyRich? sandwich for in the car, on the train, plane, boat ? you name it!* Snack bags - fill 'em EnergyRich? and eat 'em all throughout your trip!* Breakfast - have it with you and you can save a lot of money and energy by choosing what you eat to start your day EVEN when you are on vacation!
2. Drink Water - you've got to have it! Traveling in the car - bring gallons with you; arriving by public transportation - find the nearest grocery store ASAP and stock up for hotel/motel room or campsites and be sure to have some bottles to carry with you throughout the day. It is so easy to become dehydrated when distracted by the beach or Mickey or what have you.
(As always, being EnergyRich? isn't just about the food you put in your body. It's also about making choices around what you do and how you do it so that you are leading your most energized life!)
3. Keep it Cool - I am a big fan of making sure that there is a refrigerator in your hotel room and if not bringing/buying a cooler. This is so important for keeping veggie snacks fresh, fruit cool or anything else you might need that you know you are not going to get at all of those vacation restaurants.
4. Get Moving - there is no better place to be physically active than on vacation: take walk on the beaches, not just sun baths; swim in the pool; walk around the back streets of the town you are visiting (see where the real folks live); ride a bike; tour the local golf course ? you get the picture ?
5. Don't Do it All - since life and success is about balance, so is vacation. You don't need to see every monument, light house, historic spot, t-shirt shop or even hike every trail. Choose your destinations and then take time to stroll, sit and read, have longer dinners than usual and just be with yourself, your travel companions (if you have them with you) and the new environment you are in.
To Your Health and Success,Heather
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? You absolutely can! But here's what you MUST include: Heather Dominick, Certified Nutrition-Energy Consultant, is founder of the EnergyRich Lifestyle Program?, the proven step-by-step program to help you achieve your best health and fullest life. To sign up for her freebie how-to articles and no-charge teleclasses on creating your best energy life, visit http://www.individual-health.net
National Nutrition Month: Raising a Healthier Generation through Diet, Education - USDA.gov (press release) (blog)
The Sneak Attack of Trans- Fats
If you are like most people, you are probably confused about trans fats. What are they? Which foods have them? What is the health risk?The truth is, trans fats are everywhere.
Sugar, America's Drug of Choice
Many people use sugar as medicine. Sugar tends to change the way our metabolism uses specific amino acids to make the neurotransmitters needed for proper brain function.
The Ins and Outs of Proper Nutrition
Secretly we all want just a few things in life, none theleast of which is to live a life that is healthy andenergetic. One way to accomplish this is to eat a wellbalanced diet that fuels the body to take on life'schallenges.
Healthy Aging - The Clean-Meat Connection
It is shocking how many people are not taking advantage of the lessons from 21st Century research on cellular health. The syntax of disease is known by many researchers; and many of them are telling you what you can do to protect yourself.
Macrobiotics: Diet and Lifestyle for Long-term Health
A frequent misunderstanding about macrobiotics is that itis a diet sick people use - cancer patients especially - inorder to heal. While it is true that a macrobioticapproach has helped a great many people get well,macrobiotics is much more than a mere diet, and it is foreveryone.
Nutritional Support in Critically Ill Patients
The nutritional support in critically ill patients can be explained in 2 ways1.Enteral Nutrition2.
Nutrition For Your Young Athlete
Nutrition is extremely important for any young person,especially an athletic one, and even more so during thedevelopmental years of their life. Whether your child isinvolved in soccer or football, gymnastics or swimming orLittle League, he or she needs a good nutritive balance inorder to be successful in any endeavor.
A Healthy Diet Means Avoiding Trans-Fat as well as Saturated Fat
We all need fat in our diet on a daily basis. However, not all fats are created equal - there are healthy fats and unhealthy fats.
Feeling Tired? No Pep & Zing? Tap Into Breakfast Smoothies!
I'm 40-something years old, and for 40-something years breakfast has been a pain. Some of my earliest memories are getting ready for school with my mother insisting I eat a bowl of cereal.
5 Favorite Summer-Break Tips
You can trust me that I make sure to take care to have as EnergyRich? a vacation as possible (why come back from vacation feeling bloated, a few pounds heavier, experiencing heartburn etc, right?). So I wanted to share my 5 favorite ways (food-wise and fun-wise) of making that happen!Food For Summer Vacation1.
Capsulized Food: The Next Step in Food Evolution
Anyone who has spent a day fasting from food, or who has even skipped a meal, knows just how much time we save when we are not provisioning and consuming meals. Of course, efficiency is not our only concern when it comes to eating.
The Virtues of Water
Did you know that much of our dry skin comes from not drinking enough water? If your skin is dehydrated, then what is drying up on the inside? The human body is over 70% water. Water is not only important for hydration, it is the primary transporter of nutrients throughout the body and is essential for proper bodily functions including elimination.
Aggressive Behaviour Seems To Be Triggered By Early Age Diet
The fact that diet directly affects behaviour is no news, on the contrary, this reality has been perceived a very long time ago, as the old saying "a man is what he eats" proves. Studies have been performed to ascertain the degree in which this happens.
Combat High Blood Pressure and Cholesterol with Soybeans
You may have heard of the "Portfolio Diet" wherein it has been clinically accepted that increasing the intake of soy based foods can reduce levels of LDL cholesterol as much as some statin drugs.Well, now it seems that soybeans have another health-giving quality: they also reduce blood pressure.
Antioxidants - Add a Lean, Muscular Body to the List of Benefits!
I'm sure by now you've heard all about the amazing health benefits of antioxidant rich foods in your diet. Not only do these free-radical fighting antioxidants help you look and feel younger by slowing down the aging process, but they also help to prevent cancer, heart disease, and loads of other degenerative diseases.
Healthy Eating Myths Destroyed
Some of the things you think you know that just ain't so (these myths are not true):Eating Cholesterol does not increase your cholesterol levelsSalt does NOT cause High Blood PressureEating Fat does NOT make you fatAll refined carbohydrates are hazardous to youArtificial sweeteners of all kinds are not good for you All vitamins and supplements are NOT created equalEating Cholesterol does not increase your cholesterol levelsThe Medical professions current way of thinking about cholesterol. They look and see lots of cholesterol in the blood.
Why Digestive Enzymes Are Vital To Good Health!
Most digestive disorders develop because of the bodys inability to produce sufficient enzymes for health-enhancing digestion and proper nutrient absorption. Enzyme depletion results in improper digestion and absorption, leading to chronic disordersMalabsorption is the inability of the cells of the body to obtain nutrients from the foods consumed.
Alcohol Addiction and Obesity
People who consume too much alcohol have good chance of making it to the Obesity chart. Pure alcohol contains 7 calories per gram.
Gift of Health
People want to get the very best they can when purchasing anything.They research all of the alternatives and select what they feel is the best suited for their needs whether a car, washer/dryer or a pet.
Preventing Heart Disease: What Not To Eat
About 12.6 million Americans currently have heart disease.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.