|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
5 Favorite Summer-Break Tips
You can trust me that I make sure to take care to have as EnergyRich? a vacation as possible (why come back from vacation feeling bloated, a few pounds heavier, experiencing heartburn etc, right?). So I wanted to share my 5 favorite ways (food-wise and fun-wise) of making that happen!
Food For Summer Vacation
1. Bring Your Own - don't panic. I'm not talking EVERYTHING, but I am suggesting you consider the basics. Let's face it: Rest Stops, Airports, Train Stations, and Tourist Destinations do not necessarily have your best energy in mind. They generally are looking to make the most for their dollar. This is fine, but why should your body have to pay the price? So what to do? A few options for "Bring Your Own":
* A self-made, EnergyRich? sandwich for in the car, on the train, plane, boat ? you name it!* Snack bags - fill 'em EnergyRich? and eat 'em all throughout your trip!* Breakfast - have it with you and you can save a lot of money and energy by choosing what you eat to start your day EVEN when you are on vacation!
2. Drink Water - you've got to have it! Traveling in the car - bring gallons with you; arriving by public transportation - find the nearest grocery store ASAP and stock up for hotel/motel room or campsites and be sure to have some bottles to carry with you throughout the day. It is so easy to become dehydrated when distracted by the beach or Mickey or what have you.
(As always, being EnergyRich? isn't just about the food you put in your body. It's also about making choices around what you do and how you do it so that you are leading your most energized life!)
3. Keep it Cool - I am a big fan of making sure that there is a refrigerator in your hotel room and if not bringing/buying a cooler. This is so important for keeping veggie snacks fresh, fruit cool or anything else you might need that you know you are not going to get at all of those vacation restaurants.
4. Get Moving - there is no better place to be physically active than on vacation: take walk on the beaches, not just sun baths; swim in the pool; walk around the back streets of the town you are visiting (see where the real folks live); ride a bike; tour the local golf course ? you get the picture ?
5. Don't Do it All - since life and success is about balance, so is vacation. You don't need to see every monument, light house, historic spot, t-shirt shop or even hike every trail. Choose your destinations and then take time to stroll, sit and read, have longer dinners than usual and just be with yourself, your travel companions (if you have them with you) and the new environment you are in.
To Your Health and Success,Heather
Want to use this article on your website or your own ezine? You absolutely can! But here's what you MUST include: Heather Dominick, Certified Nutrition-Energy Consultant, is founder of the EnergyRich Lifestyle Program?, the proven step-by-step program to help you achieve your best health and fullest life. To sign up for her freebie how-to articles and no-charge teleclasses on creating your best energy life, visit http://www.individual-health.net
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Nutrition&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/nutrition/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input