|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
LIFESTYLE WELLNESS = An Adventure of Health + Vitality!
Not a strong wind, nor a surge of pressure, nor a fit of passion, nor anything, can throw you off when your body, mind and spirit are in perfect balance. -Unknown
'WELLNESS'....what does this word mean to you? What are the images, thoughts that come to mind? Perhaps you relate it to one or several of the following dimensions:
Physical Dimension: a state of being free from illness, being in good health, feeling "well", practicing good healthy habits; being able to do all you desire or need to, without physical restraints or limitations.
Emotional Dimension: feeling positive and enthusiastic about ones-self, ones' decisions, goals, sense of contentment, fulfillment, having peace, love, joy in our lives and our attitudes; cultivating and experiencing positive, loving relationships.
Mental Dimension: engaged in activities that bring personal gratification and fulfillment, You can feel good in mind by, learning more, making firm positive decisions, intellectual wellness, stress management, critical thinking, clearing your past to gain freedom from guilt, shame, insecurity, fear, etc.
Spiritual Dimension: seeking meaning and purpose in human existence. It could involve seeking answers to philosophical questions, such as: "Why am I here?" and "What is life about?" For some, faith in a personal God provides answers; for others, organized religion and then for others, introspection as well as being in touch with nature and their environment/universe helps to provide answers.
'Wellness' is a holistic concept and one of balance, encompassing the 'whole' person and all aspects of their life. It seemed to be unanimous with most, that keeping these aspects balanced can be like a juggling act and if just one dimension is out of balance, it will upset the others. In daily life it can be an ongoing conscientious struggle to achieve this balance.
Balance is a universal law and for things to function properly there must be equilibrium. Three examples are: 1) nature exists in balanced ecosystems; 2) the planetary system with its gravitation and rotation and specifically for we earthlings, that we neither freeze to death nor burn up because we are just the right distance from the sun; 3) the human body works best when our systems are balanced, if not, it is called illness.
We are all familiar to one degree or another with the results of imbalance in our lives: burnout, conflicts in relationships, a disorganized environment, fatigue, frustration, illness, insomnia, lack lustre, no fun, not creating or expressing oneself fully, overwork, not enough money, no spiritual life etc.
"Success isn't success unless your life is well balanced and you have peace of mind." -Nancy R. Fenn
Wellness is about TOTAL YOU; but it is not achieved by accident...just picking the dimension of wellness that you like and minimizing the others doesn't work in the long run. Optimal lifestyle wellness begins with a conscious, intentional decision/choice to assume responsibility for the quality of your life. It may mean raising your standards above what you have been comfortable with; it will require time, commitment, energy, motivation and attitude.
Adventure isn't just hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. "Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life --facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique God - given potentional" (--adapted from John Amatt; organizer and participant in Canada's first successful expedition to the summit of Mt Everest.)
"We are constantly advancing, like explorers, into the unknown, which makes life an adventure all the way" -Eleanor Roosevelt
We all have tried many times in different ways to tackle and manage the imbalances in our lives; sometime however, unsuccessfully or not completely. Encouragement, accountability and knowledge are often lacking. A Coach helps you discover/unearth who you are, where you are at and where you want to go and to create sustainable, healthy changes in your life with resources, tools and insights and a strong partnership with you. It is like running a race with a relay partner whereby your time and results are maximized while your efforts are halved.
BENEFITS FOR YOU THROUGH LIFESTYLE - WELLNESS COACHING:
A real action plan that supports your overall health:
* Increased knowledge of nutrition and supplementation; supplying the body with the proper nutrients
* Feeling more "at home" in your body, increased immunity and physical well-being ( improved muscle tone, strength, flexibility and endurance )
* Prevent or delay the premature onset of some forms of chronic disease
* Strengthening your personal foundation and implementation of regular self-care practices : "It takes courage to demand time for yourself. At first glance, it may seem to be the ultimate in selfishness, a real slap in the face to those who love and depend on you. It's not. It means you care enough to want to see the best in yourself and give only the best to others. It is silent recognition that your obligation to them is to give your best, and nothing less." -Shale Paul in The Warrior Within
* Increased self-respect, growth in confidence: "The act of discovery is not in finding new lands, but in seeing with new eyes" -Marcel Proust
* Moving from a place of stress and overwhelm, to simplicity, balance. "Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
"There is no power on earth that can neutralize the influence of a high, simple and useful life." -Booker T. Washington
* Learned ability to become "unstuck", identify blocks, tolerations and remove them. "Dwell as near as possible to the channel in which your life flows." -Thoreau, Henry David
* An enhanced sense of freedom; satisfaction; a forward shift
* A heightened sense of energy and vitality = increased productivity in tasks and work
* Live your life fully engaged in what excites you: " ...Ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - source unknown
* Risking adventures in new areas only before dreamed of: You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" - George Bernard Shaw
* Discovering the true spirit of who you really are and the gifts you have to contribute to the world around you: "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - source unknown
* A life style that honors you and your values (being true to yourself) "This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, Thou cans't not be false to any man" - Shakespeare
* Knowing how to have fun, to play and making time to do it : "And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Kahil Gibran
My favourite chuckle: Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing!
Seasonings: Add More Than Just Flavor
Besides providing taste, color, and aroma, certain seasonings can also add health to your meals. Herbs and spices contain phytochemicals which are natural health promoting substances and have been found to protect us against diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
How My Health Was Restored Through Glyconutrition
My name is Mildred Shears. I'm retired and I live in the Minnesota Northwoods with my husband, George, our German Shorthair, Bodhi, and our senior citizen cat, Cinnamon.
Eating ... Gaining Weight ... How to Control the Urge to Splurge
I confess: I'm completely addicted to Pringles. My determinationweakens every time I think about munching into one, hearing thecrunch, and getting that first taste of its salty flavor.
The Truth About Omega 3
Since Dr Basant Puri, a consultant psychiatrist and senior lecturer at London's Imperial College MRI unit, released his findings on Omega 3 and its effect on brain function and depression, many studies have been performed regarding the beneficial effects this fatty acid. Studies over the past two years have consistently confirmed that Omega 3, a substance lacking in today's "diet" is a key component in the brain's development and proper functioning.
Did You Start Your Life With Enough Probiotics?
Why does disease begin in the digestive tract? Yourdigestive tract is your first line of defense when it comesto your health. This is because of the good bacteria thatresides there.
Why People Get Sick
The body is a marvelous creation, a carbon, oxygen combustion machine, constantly burning fuel, disposing of the waste products of combustion, and constantly rebuilding tissue by replacing worn out, dead cells with new, fresh ones.Every seven years virtually every cell in the body is replaced, some types of cells having a faster turnover rate than others, which means that over a seven year period several hundred pounds of dead cells must be digested (autolyzed) and eliminated.
Taste the Good Health Fruit Called Apple
"To eat an apple before going to bed will make the doctor beg his bread"Apple is a cholesterol and fat free fruit packed with loads of vitamins and nutrients. Apple juice is delicious.
Can Chronic Pain Come From Food Additives?
It is always amazing to me when I find a food substance that when taken in excess can cause pain the body. And sometimes these foods, and food additives that are regulated by the government, are supposed to be safe.
You say you don't know what glyconutrients are? You are not alone. Perhaps you have heard a bit about glyconutrients but you don't really know what they are or how they could benefit you.
Cholesterol Does Not Cause Heart Disease
Cholesterol is an essential building block of every cell in the body, required for all metabolic processes. It is particularly important in the production of nerve tissue, bile and certain hormones.
Food We Take Determines Our Character
When you take your food next time, take care of the food what you are taking. Because the food you take determines your character.
Essential Fatty Acids -The Good Fats
Fats (triacylglycerols) ..
When You Eat at the Fridge
I spent a few days at a resort in Mexico this past summer for a friend's wedding. I've known her since the 2nd grade and it was a really fun time hanging out with familiar faces.
Manganese is a metallic mineral that was discovered by a 17th century German chemist named Johann Glauber, though it was not isolated in a pure form until 1774, by Johan Gahn. It was Gahn's associate, a Swedish chemist, Carl Scheele, who first determined that manganese was an element.
Fibromyalgia: How Simple Sugars Turned Fatigue into Energy
Several years ago, Marilyn M. couldn't even spell fibromyalgia.
Building Better Bones
"It is a bone-deep change you are going into, my beloved," counsels Grandmother Growth. "You must open to your very marrow for this transformation.
The Danger of Curbing Hunger Artificially
Unhealthy eating is a harmful problem in America, and contrary to a very outdated perception, this harm is not limited to those who suffer from obesity. In reality, according to the Directors of Health Promotion and Education, the majority of Americans exhibit unhealthy eating habits, with just over one in four women and only one in five men claiming to eat the minimum five daily servings of vegetables and fruits[i].
Lesser of Two Evils: Splenda or Equal?
While packages of the artificial sweetener Splenda claim, "made from sugar, so it tastes like sugar," one competitor argues that this statement is nothing short of false advertising.In fact, this rival, Equal manufacturer Merisant Co.
What Actually Is Health?
Nature works mostly on the principle of thing and no thing. Light is the thing and darkness is the absence of light.
Why are Free Form Essential Amino Acids Necessary and What to Look For!
1. Look for high quality, crystalline, free-form, amino acids (AAs) Most amino acid blends on the market are actually reduced milk or soy proteins.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.