|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
7 Tips to Keep up Your New Year Resolutions
There are many people who enthusiastically make their New Year Resolutions with a fond hope that they will stick to them and thus make changes in their life for the better.
But they will soon find that they cannot keep up thoseresolutions and are back to their old life. How sad it is!
Some may be able to make it last for a week, or maximum for a month or two, and slowly give it up. Hardly a small percentage of people can actually keep it up to their satisfaction.
Are you one of them belonging to the former category? Ifso, the following tips will help you to stick to yourresolutions. I have found them personally useful on most of my resolutions.
1. Before making the resolution, think carefully and askyourself whether you really want to do that or not.
2. If your answer is "Yes" make a firm decision that at anycost you will see to that you will keep it up.
3. Once you have made up your mind to your resolution whichyou believe is better for your improvement, write it on apiece of paper and read it loudly, at least five times, until your mind absorbs it fully.
4. Make a few copies of that matter and stick them in yourfavorite places at home. One paper should be in yourbedroom, which if you can see as you get up, will be fine.
5. Every day as you get up after your prayer, just readthat piece of paper where your resolution is written. Readit at least 3 times.
6. The other pieces of paper should be pinned in the kitchen, drawing room, and another one on your computer. When you come to your computer side you will not miss it, but without your knowledge your attention will pass through that piece of paper as you wait for your computer to get booted, which will remind you of your resolution.
7. Finally at the end of the day, when you go to bed,remember to repeat your resolution at least twice affirmingthat you are going to keep up your resolution, at any cost.
When you follow the above tips, you will feel very happythat you have not broken your resolution and you are ableto keep it up successfully, as the way you wanted it.
Lakshmi Menon has written articles and short stories. Now she is involved in internet marketing.Visit http://www.net4homeincome.com
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input