|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Grit or Grace?
The grit of life is hard to swallow. You make a presentation atthe office and someone points out a small mistake. The trafficwas terrible that morning and you were late to an importantappointment. You rehearsed exactly what you wanted to say to yourboss, but when the time came the mind went blank.
In each situation what was your internal response? Self blame?shame? fear? Each instance of self-judgment is hard to stomachand quickly creates added stress. What is your gut response tothe following common limiting beliefs?
Five Self-blaming Beliefs:
1. I deserve to be punished.
2. I look like a fool.
3. I am not safe.
4. I'll be abandoned or rejected.
5. I am powerless.
Take a few minutes and trace any tightness back to itsorigination.Now, rewrite a new, self-empowering belief; take a nice deepbreath and repeat the belief several times.Here are a few examples of shifting from shame/blame toacceptance and support.
1. I learn from my mistakes and grow in patience andunderstanding.
2. I see my foolishness with the eyes of compassion and kindness.
3. I am safe and secure in my ability to love and accept allparts of me.
4. I am loyal friend and ally to myself.
5. I empower my weaknesses with the strength of my loving heart.
Patience, compassion, acceptance and self-love settles the mindand expands the heart. Full of grace the body relaxes and peaceis present.
Grace is the balm of the soul. Choosing to live under gracerather than grit creates an abundance of simple blessings.
Ten Blessings of Grace:
1. I know that all experiences are growth promoting.
2. I find empowerment in expansion.
3. I experience acceptance in being honest.
4. I uncover purpose through loving.
5. I increase my compassion for others each time I come home tomyself.
6. I realize I am here to prosper.
7. I discover rewards in every moment of opening my heart.
8. I am assisted in times of challenge.
9. I receive in great measure while attending to my purpose.
10. I live in joy while seeking the divine within.
Challenge yourself to live one week with the blessings of grace.Note any changes in your attitude and over-all anxiety. Payattention to any surprise glimpses of joy. Watch the tiny shiftsin your behavior ripple out and touch your work environment andhome life. Challenge yourself to one more week of grace, and reapthe bounty of your loving choice.
Rebecca Skeele, Author, Life Coach and Professional Speaker has been working with individuals since 1990. Her approach for doing well in life is living well--from the inside out. Her book, You Can Make It Heaven: How to Enrich Your Life with Abundance and Loving is a manual for cocreators envisioning and living their personal heaven on earth. Rebecca is an ordained minister and holds a Masters in Spiritual Counseling and Spiritual Science. http://www.makeitheaven.com
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input