|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Top 10 Tips For The Best Year of Your Life!
We typically think of New Year's as the time to make annual resolutions and start fresh. Unfortunately, we all know that most resolutions are quickly forgotten. The good new is that "now" is always the best time to take charge of your future and create the life you want. Real success is about choosing your priorities, and then following a plan that emphasizes the things that are most important to you. With that in mind, here are 10 suggestions for creating a wonderful, productive and rewarding year for yourself (and your practice)!
1. Take time to decide what you really want this year. What would make it a great year, a fantastic year for you? Dream and scheme, and then dream bigger! And write it down, just for the fun of it.
2. Mark one day each month, just for you. Use ink, not pencil, and schedule an appointment with yourself for one full day each month. Have fun and renew yourself, just for the joy of it. Every single month. No exceptions.
3. Take more vacation that you had planned. Look at the calendar and write in a couple extra weeks off! Relax. Do things you enjoy. Go camping, rent a cabin at the beach, visit old friends, or climb a mountain. Just do it!
4. Commit to a project you've dreamed of but haven't done. This is not a "should" or a "have to". It's an "I've always wanted to but never did" project. Learn to ski, write a book, visit Niagara Falls, start a business, or run for mayor. This is the time!
5. Buy four books you've always wanted to read, and schedule time for them. Put it in your appointment calendar as "continuing education" or "research", and enjoy!
6. Donate time each week to a cause or group that needs your help. Mentor a child, support the Red Cross, volunteer at your house of worship. Make a difference.
7. Renew relationships with family and friends. Every week, send a note or make a call, and re-connect with the people who have helped you along the way.
8. Make a point every single day to tell someone you appreciate them, that you are grateful for their help. Practice the attitude of gratitude!
9. Raise your sites and increase your goals. Double what you expect of yourself and your world, then commit to making it happen! Expect great things.
10. Be kind to yourself and those around you. Be gentle, practice patience, expect the best and settle for nothing less.
That's it for this week. Is it Barbra Streisand who says, "Be good to yourself, and to someone else"? Have a wonderful week!
© Copyright 2003 by Philip E. Humbert. All Rights Reserved. This article may be copied and used in your own newsletter or on your website as long as you include the following information: "Written by Dr. Philip E. Humbert, writer, speaker and success coach. Dr. Humbert has over 300 free articles, tools and resources for your success, including a great newsletter! It's all on his website at: http://www.philiphumbert.com
Patriots and Seahawks derive motivation â€” and success â€” from late in the draft - The Providence Journal
Motivation: Tearing Down Your Own Limitations
Q.: I've always been sort of cynical about all this motivational stuff.
We Are Trying To...
How many times have you heard this in your life? Perhaps you have said it yourself. We are trying to accomplish something here.
Making Things Happen
We are all given the tools, but it is up to us what we decide to build and how magnificent it will be.Steven FerrelGoals are fantastic to have, but many times challenges surface that make it difficult for a goal to mature.
One of my greatest loves as a kid was fishing. This love developed quickly because my family owned a little bait shop that was located near Toledo Bend Lake in Louisiana.
About Creating a New Life
1. Where do I start to create a new life?There is only one place to start, and this is by taking time out of your busy day, and truly looking into your heart, because this is where all of your answers can be found.
Resistance Is Natural - but Not Helpful - in Times of Change
Here are five feelings we all experience in changing times. Check these out for yourself by thinking about times when you were experiencing significant life change, either personal or professional.
Change Your Life For The Better!
Are you still hoping and waiting for someone somewhere to come to your rescue, wave a magic wand and instantaneously change your life for the better?Are you praying that you will one day win the lottery and dramatically alter the financial quality of your life?Are you sitting behind your desk, daydreaming and hoping to one day rise to the top level of management without much effort and hard work?Are you hiding in the background, silently praying and hoping that you will find favor, get noticed and be thrust into the limelight of your destiny?If you are tired of hoping and endlessly waiting for something positive to happen or someone to come to your rescue, make a deliberate decision today to take charge of your own life and begin to lead a fulfilled and productive life.4 things to consider as you decide to change your life for the better.
What Is The Value In Wanting To Accomplish Something?
When I listen to people tell me about some of the things they want to do, I pause for two reasons. One is the fact that I'm listening and watching them to see if they are serious within themselves.
So What Is Your Real Motivation?
We are all guilty of wanting to change our circumstances, bettering ourselves and altering our life's plans, but unfortunately a lot of us fail to see the bigger picture. In fact many of us don't even realise that there may be a bigger picture.
A Simple Motivation Technique For Massive Success
Want to hear about a simple & effective motivation technique? It´ll help you get motivated and stay motivated.Do you want to know the key to beating procrastination andachieving much more?Let me tell you how I discovered the secret to achievingmassive success.
The Art of Scripting Your Life
Writing a 'life script' is like writing a movie script. You need to create a feeling, evoke emotional responses and create the scenarios.
Maximizing Your Potential by Definition
Someone once pointed out to me that in many of my presentations focusing on my theme, Maximizing Your Potential, I did not define potential specifically. Allow me to do so now.
Just Do It!
If you run a business like I do, you probably have limited time to do all the things you need to do each day. In order to make sure I get to exercise each day, I have to get up BEFORE the chickens do - between 4:30 AM and 5AM.
ADHD - Its a Wonderful Life
As I usually do over the Holidays, I watched one of my all-time favorite actors in one of my all time favorite movies and that's Jimmy Stewart in "It's a Wonderful Life". Co-starring Donna Reed and made in the 1940s, the movie was not critically acclaimed at the time, but over the years has become a stable of the Holiday Season.
Raising The Bar
One of the most popular events in the Olympics is the pole vault event. We all watch with amazement and anticipation as the competitor runs full speed down the track with a long pole in his hands.
Ill Put My Money On The Kid!
Now, the Fun Part. It is nigh time to find a way to take all the buck out of this bucking bronco we call the internet.
Motivation: The Cure for Complacency
Q. I've always tried to work hard enough to provide for my family and be content.
Take a Turn at Tenacious!
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not;nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.
The Most Courageous People in the World
Who are the most courageous people in the world? Armed services? Coastguards? Astronauts? Firepersons? Explorers? Mountaineers? ??Sports? For us, the most courageous people in the world are those who are committed to discovering how they can get the best out of themselves. Individuals, who are committed to learning about and changing, their habits and beliefs in order to fulfil their dreams.
Discover How to Stay Motivated and Be Successful
If you surveyed 50 people asking each their definition ofsuccess, chances are you would receive fifty different answers. Even so, there are certain steps everyone must follow in order tobe successful.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.