|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Top 4 Reasons Women Ride The "Emotional Roller-Coaster"
1. Women have learned and are in the habit of being driven by the approval of others. Most women allow the expectations of others to define them and therefore making the approval of others is responsible for their happiness. This pattern gives others' the power to make and take your happiness at any time. Approval seeking steals your happiness and doesn't allow you to ever get to know yourself, your wants, your desires, or your needs. A total disconnect. Thus an up and down roller-coaster of emotions. Not a pleasant way to live.
2. Women their achievements define their value. This belief causes several problems. When you believe that you are defined by your achievements, you are unable to feel good about yourself or have strong self-esteem unless you are accomplishing or producing which does not allow for down time, relaxation or free creativity. There is no room for you to just be? you. You identify yourself as results. This way of living allows for little or no joy, peace, or contentment because you are always looking for the next way to achieve. This is very different from healthy goal setting. Attaching your value to your achievements will ensure that you will not exit your emotional roller-coaster.
3. Women believe their children define them. Holding this belief can be very damaging for the parent and the child. When parents (unconsciously) hold the belief that their children define them or give them value, they will act in a way that pressures kids to perform at a standard they cannot match up to. Or parents try to force kids to have goals that the parent thinks is best and disregard what the kid or teen wants. Parents with this belief tie their sense of purpose to their children's results or who they become. This will steal your child's own sense of worth because he/she will only feel good about themselves when they meet your standards and expectations. And quite frankly this is not the unconditional love your child deserves. This is pushing your own agenda on your kids. Children, teens, and young adults need some (increasing as they age) space to figure out what they want and what is important to them! Discover your own identity and allow your children to do the same. Anything else will push your children away emotionally as they grow up. If you depend on your children's results (or your perception of what these results "should" be) you will stay on the emotional roller-coaster!
4. Women believe that their husbands are supposed to make them happy. Who of you thought when you got married (if you are married), or perhaps moved in with a significant other, that, "this person will make me so happy"? Or if you have experienced a divorce or a break-up, you may have thought, "this person makes me so unhappy". I am simplifying a bit, but the principal is true. The problem with this thinking is that if we allow people to "make" us happy, then at any time that person can "take" our happy. Only you are responsible for your happiness. You must create or develop an inner knowing that you are completely loveable, worthy, and valuable regardless of who is or isn't a part of our life!
About Author:Momentum Performance Development is a personal and professional coaching company. When you commit to one of our programs, our team of experts in sport, career, and family performance development will assist in exponentially changing your life for the better. This means high performance success for you. We are committed to your results!
Sign up for our FANTASTIC newsletters at http://www.create-momentum.com.
North Bergen wrestling team finds motivation in last year's state title loss - The Jersey Journal - NJ.com
Motivation By Kicking Butt
Some people respond to being yelled at and even sworn at. This brings out that extra bit of effort and they become highly motivated.
A Few Simple Things You Must Do If You Want To Be Wealthy
Making money is easy when you move to cause rather than livingout effects.Let me draw a simple analogy to clarify my point.
Making the Most of Now
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment. Fools stand on their island of opportunities and look toward another land.
You lost your job. Your partner left you.
Tony Robbins - 10 Lessons I Learned From Anthony Robbins
Tony Robbins has been an inspiration for millions. Love him and his philosophy or not, it is undeniable that he has had a positive impact on millions of people.
Clear Thinking - Ten Ways
Does your mind sometimes feel like a television station you can't quite tune in? You know there's an interesting program on - or several, but everything is mixed with static. What if you could "tune in" at will, have clear thinking whenever you want it? Try some of the following.
How Breaking Routine And Unexpected Acts of Kindness Can Energize Your Day!
Sometimes life becomes so routine, we don't have to think about a thing we're doing throughout the day. We're programmed to run on automatic.
Success -- The Key and the Fire
Self-discipline is a powerful tool that can help you accomplish about anything you can dream or imagine. Self-discipline is the act of controlling our emotions, actions, thoughts, words and personal direction.
Motivation: 3 Suggestions for Living a Life of Purpose, On Purpose
"There's so many roads that seem, To lead down to the sea.I wonder which road, will be the right one for me?"- SeawindI heard these lyrics on an old jazz tape the other day.
The natural cycle of life is to grow and move forward but moving forward brings with it an element of the unknown. It is human nature to fear the unknown.
Becoming Rich in Your Own Way
If you really want to become rich, then begin by evaluating your work habits and work environment. That's how most millionaires made their first million.
How to Stay Motivated Day In and Day Out
Staying motivated requires a daily ritual.In other words, motivation is not a one-time event.
If Not Now, When?
How many times have you made excuses for putting off something you really needed or wanted to do? Probably too many times to count. It is all too easy to get in the habit of putting the desires of your heart on hold.
Letting Events Control Your Life ... Dropping The Negatives And Moving On!
It's interesting to note how we sometimes become so inundated with events in our lives that we allow them to become our lives. Instead of enjoying and nurturing the life we have, we fall prey to the fears and stresses that occur as a result of negative experiences.
How To Overcome Procrastination Quickly And Easily
Maybe it is time to discover a new way to overcome procrastination and get motivated.When a deadline looms you need a quick and easy way to start making some progress and beat procrastination.
Make Motivation Stick
Motivation is the elusive elixir. Not only does it help people do good work, and do it faster, but it also helps them feel good about it while they're doing it.
Your Life Just OK? It Doesnt Have To Be That Way! Live the Life You Really Want To Live!
I have some questions for you. Are you ready? How would your rate your life on a scale from one to ten; 10 being fantastic and 1 being the worst it could possibly be? Are you happy with the most important aspects of your life? And note that I didn't say are you content or are you satisfied.
If You Are Rejected!
This article exemplifies the inner working of emotional intelligence. Effectively working through one tough situation at a time can build our emotional competence.
Ignite The Fire In Your Belly - How To Move From Being A Procrastinator To An Activator!
Are you sick and tired of not getting ahead and just can't get yourself out of a rut? Well, there are certain requirements (accountability, responsibility, commitment to yourself, forgiveness, positive think and speak, synchronicity within and outside) to help facilitate a real change.So, you're thinking - "Oh, these requirements are great.
Top 5 Reasons Why Youre Not Living Your Dream
1. "I'm too old to make a change.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © 2006 Luminati Inc. All rights reserved.