|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Motivation: 7 More Musings on Motivation
1. "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you can say to that mountain, move from here to there, and it shall be done. Nothing will be impossible for you." - Jesus Christ.
Let's pause and consider that last part for a moment. Nothing will be impossible for you. If this were true in your life, what would you do? Think in terms of family, career, lifestyle, giving back. This is an incredibly powerful statement once we get our head around and use it.
2. "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better." - Jim Rohn. Instead of complaining and wishing, take the necessary steps to make yourself stronger. In my practice I have come to belief there is no such thing as a "resistant client." I just have to become better and better as a therapist.
4. "You can have anything you want, you just can't have everything you want." Peter McWilliams, author of "DO IT! Let's Get Off Our Buts." This is about choice, focus and persistence. We need to decide want we want and then persistently go for it. At the same, we need to realize that choosing what to go for means there will be things we can not go for, because time is a limited product.
5. "I would rather be paid 1% of 100 people's efforts rather than 100% of my own efforts" - J. Paul Getty. In other words, how can you work smarter instead of harder?
6. "If you have a big enough why, the how will follow" - Tony Robbins. The problem for most of us is that we don't have a big enough why.
7."Chance favors the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur. Think about this quote as you spend the next evening in front of the TV. For what are you preparing your mind? According to Mary Pipher, therapist and author of Reviving Ophelia has been quoted as saying, "It's become clearer and clearer to me that if families just let the culture happen to them, they end up fat, addicted, broke, with a house full of junk and no time."
Visit SecretsofGreatRelationships.com for tips and tools for creating and growing a great relationship. You can also subscribe to our f*r*e*e 10 day e-program on how to enrich your relationship today, from relationship coach and expert Jeff Herring.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input