|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Motivation; 7 Musings on Motivation
1. Most of us are motivated by one of two things - inspiration or desperation. Most successful people choose inspiration as their motivation.
2. "There's always a way, if you're committed." - Tony Robbins. The question then becomes, "Are you committed?" Because if you are, if there is not already a way, you can make one.
3.Once you set a goal and commit to a goal, you can have only two results. You either achieve the goal, or you have reasons (excuses) why you didn't.
4. We tend to get confused about whether we really want to do something. We say we want to and then we don't do it. There are only three categories we can fall into:
I want to want to.I want to.I will - The only category that works is "I will."
5. Here's a motivating question - What's currently in your life that you would like not to be there and what's currently not in your life that you would like to be there?
6. What kind of lifestyle and career would get you up early, keep you up late, and cause you to live each and every day with excitement, purpose and passion? Get clear on the answer to that question and you will be well on your well to designing a life well lived.
7. In order to be successful at anything in life, we need to take "the CPR Approach". CPR stands for consistent, persistent, and resistant"
consistent in our actions
persistent in our drive
resistant to set backs and all those who may tell us we can't do it.
Visit SecretsofGreatRelationships.com for tips and tools for creating and growing a great relationship. You can also subscribe to our f*r*e*e 10 day e-program on how to enrich your relationship today, from relationship coach and expert Jeff Herring.
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input