|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
Ignite The Fire In Your Belly - How To Move From Being A Procrastinator To An Activator!
Are you sick and tired of not getting ahead and just can't get yourself out of a rut? Well, there are certain requirements (accountability, responsibility, commitment to yourself, forgiveness, positive think and speak, synchronicity within and outside) to help facilitate a real change.
So, you're thinking - "Oh, these requirements are great. However, somehow, I can't get myself motivated to do something. There is just so much going on in my life " So, stop procrastinating and become an ACTIVATOR!
Here are a few simple steps to help get you moving forward:
1. Develop your life's mission statement. (Responsibility and Commitment to Yourself)
The purpose of this step is define who you are, what motivates you and what is important to you. A lot of times we procrastinate because what we think we want in our head is not really what's in our heart. It's the same as building a house, you need to construct a strong foundation before you erect the walls.
A one-sentence statement about what you stand for in life. What is your life's mission or what would you like it to be?
Foundational BeliefsI believe:
· List of what systems drive your intentions? For example: Taking great satisfaction in my work helps propel my company's growth.
· List what is most important to you in achieving your life's mission. For example: Commitment to family.
2. Prepare your massive action plan and act upon it. (Accountability and Synchronicity Within And Outside)
The purpose of this step is to help with moving from a procrastinator to an activator. Now you're "igniting the fire in your belly" with a plan on how to get there.
Massive Action Plan ( a column for each item)
· Chunk your activities. For example: I will exercise more. Chunk this activity into steps, such as Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I will commit to 20 minutes of weight training.
· What are the quantifiable results? For example: I will have an additional 30 minutes per day to myself. Or: I will have decreased my pant size by X sizes.
· What's in it for you?
· What is the reason you want this so badly?
List date which is attainable and realistic. Don't set yourself up for failure.
3. Review your successes and reinforce self-rewards. (Forgiveness and Positive Think And Speak)
The purpose of this step is to validate that you're on track. Continually review your massive action plan and acknowledge yourself for achieving what you set out to. Motivate yourself with positive words in your mind and out loud! And if you didn't achieve everything you set out to, remind yourself that you're human and forgive yourself. You have the opportunity to start all over again!
An activator is someone who successfully understands the balance between achieving and being. This being said, remember to integrate joy into going after your goals. When you feel like you're being forced to do something is when you become a procrastinator?
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input