|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
How to Stay Motivated
You've read a book that motivates you to action; you've read a motivational quote and got pumped up; you've attended a seminar and listened to a motivational speaker and feel you can conquer the world.
A week later the motivation is no longer there. If it is still there, it is not as powerful or as strong as it felt while you were listening or reading the message.
You must train yourself to hold on to the motivation.
Let me tell you about Keshia.
Keshia had attended the "How to Discover God's Purpose for Your Life" seminar presented by the world-famous, motivational speaker and trainer extraordinaire, Dawn Fields (ha ha, how do you like that introduction. Big-Up to me!)
After the event ended, Keshia was pumped. She was excited. She was on a mission to determine her God-given talents and apply them to her life. She sure hated working as a waitress and knew she had more to offer the world, to herself and to her family.
Keshia made up her mind that she was going to stay motivated no matter what happened. She had a strong desire to change her life.
She went home and wrote out her goals on a piece of notebook paper and posted it on the refrigerator.
After giving it some thought, she decided to make several copies of her goals. In addition to the copy posted on the refrigerator. She posted one on the head of her bed. She posted one on the wall next to the mirror in the bathroom. One was posted on the front door of her apartment. Another was posted on the inside of her closet door, right above the mirror.
Keshia figured this would be a great way to always be mindful of her goals. No matter where she turned, she would have a reminder. She even posted one at her station at work.
Spending a lot of time in the car between school and work,Keshia decided to purchase motivational tapes and CD's to play in her car. Why waste time listening to music of other people who are living their life's purpose when she could be doing something to help her discover and live her God-given purpose?
Whenever Keshia had a free second, she would daydream about herself living the life she was meant to live. She would visualize it so clear and so precise that she could feel it.
Almost immediately after putting this into practice, Keshia started seeing results. She thanked God every chance she got. She thanked him for the immediate changes. She thanked him for the changes she knew were about to happen but hadn't happened yet. She thanked him because she knew within her heart that they were going to happen.
Keshia has trained herself to stay motivated. I'm willing to bet the farm that Keshia will be living her life's purpose in a little no time.
Let's look at what Keshia did to stay motivated.
1. Desire - She had a desire to stay motivated. You must have a strong desire, a burning desire, in order to stay motivated. You must have a reason to hold on to your motivation. Otherwise, if the desire isn't strong enough, the motivation won't last long.
2. Plan - She had an exact plan and wrote down her goals. You must have an exact plan. It should be written out, something you can look at and go back to from time to time.
3. Making her dream visual - She put up reminders to make her goals purposeful and made it so she was always mindful of them. You must constantly surround yourself with reminders to help you stay focused.
4. Constantly thinking of her purpose. She changed her habits and started focusing full-time on her goals. You must change your habits from spending your free time watching television, listening to the radio or reading a novel, to thinking constantly and working constantly on your goals.
5. She repeatedly thanked God for his blessings she has received and for those she knows she is about to receive. Have blind faith in the Lord that he will send you your blessings. He wants it for you just as much as you want it for yourself. Don't ever forget to thank him. You can't thank him enough.
Use the same strategy Keshia applied, and in no time, you too will be living the life God intended for you to live.
Dawn Fields is a motivational speaker, Life Coach and Author. She teaches how to discover and live your life's purpose in a down-to-earth, easy to comprehend sort of way. Visit her web site at http://www.dawnfields.com and be sure to sign up for Your Life's Purpose newsletter by sending a blank email to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with SUBSCRIBE in the subject line. Be sure to tune in Thursdays at 9 p.m. EST to Your Life's Purpose Interactive Internet Radio Show at http://www.dawnfields.com/radioshow.htm
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input