|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
7 Tips For Unstoppable Motivation And Enduring Success
Procrastination is of no use to you in your quest to fulfill your dreams. Lose those old habits and replace them with habits that lead to self-motivation and control over your life.
1. Success is not achieved accidentally. It is asystematic, deliberate process of deciding what you want todo with your life, what you will do when you get there, andwhat the steps are to get you where you want to be.
One of the most important aspects of success is the abilityto visualize your path and stay focused on your goal untilyou reach it.
2. The sooner you envision your dreams and develop a planto turn them into reality, the faster you will accomplishyour goals. Mental pictures are a mechanism to lead youdown the path of true independence and motivation.
Procrastination is a self-defeating behavior that developsin part due to low self-esteem and fear of failure. Yourimagination is like a preview of your future.
If you don't use your imagination your life will remain mundane and unfulfilling.
3. Overcoming procrastination is the first step in helpingyou create the lifestyle you desire. You must change thehabits and behaviors that led you to procrastinate in thefirst place.
Change is a slow process so be sure to reward yourself along the way for small achievements.
Instead of focusing on the difficulty of a large task,break it into smaller jobs and create a timeline forfinishing them.
4. Several small jobs done over time are much moremanageable that one large task with no end in sight.
You'll be astonished at how much you can get done if youconcentrate on one thing at a time instead of clutteringyour mind with multiple tasks.
Try tackling the more undesirable tasks early in the day sothat by afternoon you can pursue more pleasant activities.
5. Relieve yourself of the pressure created by clutter inyour office or home. Develop a filing system, rid yourselfof unnecessary papers, and give yourself an organized placeto work.
When you exercise self-discipline in your surroundings aswell as your behaviors, you will make major strides inaccomplishing your goals in a shorter period of time.
No matter what is happening around you, keep your mindfocused on the reward you'll receive by reaching your goals.
6. If people or outside forces distract you, use the powerof the human mind to block out what impedes your progressand concentrate solely on the task at hand.
You will make remarkable progress by refusing to let othersalter the path you have chosen.
Overcoming procrastination and staying motivated is the wayto lifetime success and happiness. You'll achieve yourgoals rapidly when you stay focused on your destination andthe rewards that will follow.
7. Review your habits and way of thinking to determine whatyou are visualizing most of the time. If your visions donot lead you in the direction of accomplishing your goals,then you must change them.
Discipline yourself to concentrate on your goals themajority of the time, and if you stray from the path, getpromptly back on.
Imagine what the rewards will be when you finally reach your destination and keep that thought foremost in your mind.
Peter Murphy is a peak performance expert. He recently produced avery popular free report that reveals how to crush procrastination andsustain lasting motivation. Apply now because it is available for a limitedtime only at: http://www.getmotivatedstaymotivated.com/special.htm
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input