|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
8 Super Ways To Avoid Procrastination
We are all guilty of delaying what needs to be done at sometime or another; so learning ways of how to avoid procrastination is beneficial to everyone.
Although learning how to avoid procrastination is simple, applying the principles is harder as those who do procrastinate, will put off even attempting to avoid procrastination itself.
Some simple tips on how to avoid procrastination are as follows. It's all a simple matter of retraining yourself to get the job done.
1. Prioritize your daily tasks. Decide what has to be done, should be done, and what you would like to do.
2. Get the worst out of the way first. Do that 'have to' job first; get it over and out of your hair. By doing the 'have to's' first, it leaves the rest of your time to do those want to's and should be's.
Doing this one simple thing is one of the best ways to avoid procrastination in the first place.
3. Delegate, if possible, some of the worst things on your list to others. This will allow you to move on to other things and allow you to avoid procrastinating on those things you really don't want to do in the first place.
4. Make a list every morning of what you need to accomplish throughout the day. Reward yourself each time you check an item done.
5. Look closely at how you procrastinate. Do you surf the web when you should be doing the accounting? Do you read and answer email when you should be doing that office report?
Once you figure out the things you do to put off what needs doing, it's easy to figure out how to avoid procrastination by eliminating those behaviors. If you can't eliminate the behavior, save it for the reward of getting the job done.
6. Keep a day planner. Write down what has to be accomplished and block out the time you are going to do it.
Once the job is done, check it off or draw a line through it. Seeing the checkmarks on paper will motivate you to move on to the next item on your list.
7. At the end of the day, write down what you have accomplished. This can sometimes be its own reward.
As you see the list grow from day to day, you will begin to look for ways to avoid procrastination yourself.
8. Write out a set of goals for yourself. List where you want to be next week, next month, next year and five years from now.
Look at how what you are putting off keeps you from reaching those goals.
Knowing how to avoid procrastination is really all about setting personal goals for yourself and sticking with them. As you find ways to juggle all the things that have to be done, and see the rewards of getting them finished, you will find even more ways on how to avoid procrastination for yourself.
Peter Murphy is a peak performance expert. He recently produced a very popular free report that reveals how to crush procrastination and sustain lasting motivation. Apply now because it is available for a limited time only at: http://www.getmotivatedstaymotivated.com/special.htm
Warning: fopen(http://news.google.com/news?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=Motivation&output=rss) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable in /home/boxing/public_html/motivation/inc/rss.inc on line 81
could not open XML input