|The Lounge | Champions | The Wire | Schedule | Audio | Arcade | The Top Ten | Historical | Email | Video|
How To Motivate Yourself For Success?
I was having coffee with my friend the other day. He just joined a multi-level marketing company. The company sells aromatherapy products that improve air quality and help people to have a healthier life.
My friend had tested the products himself and he is very convinced with the effectiveness of the products.
But my friend told me, "I have problem motivating myself."
"The products are excellent. The rewards system is good. There are a lot of success stories from those who have made it to the top. But I can't keep myself going." My friend confided.
Have you felt this before?
This is a common problem that happens to everyone. We all have plans to achieve success in life. But what is lacking is the motivation that keeps us going to convert plans into action.
Usually, you feel very 'excited' at the beginning when doing something new for the first time. But after a while, somehow you feel that you lack passion and motivation. The excitement that you had in the first few days just disappeared for no reason.
I had the similar problem. But I did not let the problem of motivation stop me from achieving my goals.
Here are the ways that I use that can effectively curb the problem of motivation. I use one or more of these techniques.
1. READ A BOOK. Just grab a book and read; especially an inspirational book or a book of success stories. By reading these books, you not only learn from others but the story will motivate you to move ahead with your plans. It also makes you re-focus your energy on your goals rather than focusing your energy on the problems at hand. I especially like books written by Mark Victor Hansen.
2. THINK OF PURPOSE OF WHAT YOU DO. If you don't feel motivated, think of why you want to achieve what you want. That is the purpose of doing what you are doing. Your purpose could be to improve the life of others, or help people to do things more efficiently, or to help people to make more money. Thinking of your purpose is an important way to motivate yourself.
3. TALK TO A SUPPORTIVE FRIEND. Talking to a supportive friend would be able to overcome the problem of lacking motivation. You can also talk to your business partners regarding this. Find someone that you are comfortable with and share your problems with him. After sharing your problems, you will feel re-charged and re-energized.
4. LISTEN TO AUDIO TAPE. If you don't like reading, get a motivational tape and listen to it. The contents of the tape can motivate you and help you to look at things from the different perspective and from a positive outlook. Besides that, you can also read and browse through a list of motivational quotations of famous people. There are gems lie in these quotations. At our web site, you can find more than 100 quotations from famous people at: http://www.financiallyrich.com/success-quotes.asp
5. GO THROUGH YOUR GOALS DAILY. Prepare a list of goals that you want to achieve. Write them down on a piece of paper. You should go through your goals at least once every day. You need to do this even more if you feel down and de-motivated. By doing this, you refresh your mind with the goals you have set for yourself and avoid other distractions.
6. DO IT. Another way to prevent the problem of motivation is to get your hands dirty and get started with what you need to do. Sometimes you don't feel like doing what you want to do. But by 'forcing' yourself to just do it, you'll probably gain momentum little by little and without you realize, you have actually finished the task on hand. No matter what, just start with what you need to do, either you like it or not.
Having said all these, intrinsic motivation is far more effective than extrinsic motivation. Intrinsic motivation is like fulfillment, satisfaction, sense of achievement and enjoyment. If your motivation is only to make more money, in which money is an extrinsic motivation, your success will not last long. I'd advise you to focus on the intrinsic motivation for your long lasting success.
All the best to my friend in his new venture...
Abel Cheng offers small and medium enterprises exclusive global profits insider tips in his free publication, Abel Cheng's Business Diary. To officiate a bi-weekly subscription, please go to http://www.abelcheng.com/diary.html And get personal email coaching.
Seeing Through the Pain
We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment.~ Jim RohnNothing lasts-not even pain.
4 Secret Ways to Stop Procrastinating
Ever wonder how to stop procrastinating?I was recently talking with a friend who said, "You know, Ineed to have guests over to my house more often." "Why isthat?" I asked.
Motivation; 5 Steps to Get the Changes You Want
Q: I just read your column in today's' Greensboro News and Record. For the last few years I've been struggling with change, and found your suggestions about "change tools" to be useful.
Are You in Touch With Your Inner M?
"M" is for Motivation.What motivates you to do a good job?Is it a sense of achievement?Recognition for a job well done?Helping people?Desire for responsibility?Solving problems?Making more money?You should give some thought to what motivates you to do your job better and allows you to feel a real sense of job satisfaction.
The Power Of The Brain
THE BRAINThe Brain is the instrument of the mind, the body is the servant of the mind. The Brain is the most complex part of the nervous system.
Self-Improvement-Inspiration: How to Exit Your Own Rat Race
We can all get in a rut from time to time. Who hasn't had a moment in their lives where you've asked yourself the question: "Why am I doing this?"Whether it's who you've become, the business you are in, your career, relationships, where you live or all of the above - sometimes you realise you're just not where you want to be - and you're not sure how you got there! It sure feels like your own version of a rat race though.
Are You Ready To Make A Strong Finish?
Talk about a strong finish! In their inspiring story of perserverance which ultimately led to great success and victory, the Detroit Shock won their first ever WNBA (Women's National Basketball Association) championship title. USA Today told of their "worst-to-first odyssey" where the team, after winning only nine games in 2002, they finished 2003 with a league-best record and championship title.
Take a Turn at Tenacious!
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not;nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent.
Harnessing the Power of the Unknown: Move from Repeating the Past to Re-inventing the Future
The Unknown - it is scary territory for many, something to be avoided for others and shameful for those who feel they are supposed to know everything. What is your relationship with the Unknown? Take a moment to ponder it because your attitude towards and experience of this is what governs your ability to create, to innovate and truly bring more of yourself out into the world - in short to be successful.
Daily Motivation: 7 Methods
Isn't a lack of daily motivation one of the biggest problems we face when trying to better ourselves? We often know what to do, or at least the first few steps. But we hesitate, something else catches our attention, or we just don't feel like doing what we need to do.
Who are they to say it cant be done?
Doesn't it just burn you up when you have just shared your 'great idea' with someone and not only are they not as enthusiastic as you, they even go as far as to say your idea won't work! Trust me if this has happened to you you're not alone.In such instances we generally have two choices.
The Magic of Success is Actually a Law Set in Motion. Finding it is Quite Simple
Building Energy Around your Investment!For a century or more men and women from various backgrounds have been availed to a secret in business that has created enormous wealth and satisfaction.However when trying to find this little known phenomenon it seems that the secret is always buried within a myriad of unrealized philosophies that tend to only work for the wealthy of the elite, or so it may seem.
Happy New Year
H appiness depends upon your outlook on life.A ttitude is just as important as ability.
Your Most Important Opportunity says a top UK Personal Development Coach
For some people this article will turn out to be one of the most important things they've ever read.I say this because some people are ready to get to grips with life.
Making the Invisible Visible: The WOW Behind the HOW!
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -GandhiWhen was the last time that you truly marveled at something?Can you remember the exact time and place?One of the characteristics that I find very attractive in people is an ability to nurture a sense of "wonder" about life.
How to Get rid of the "Overwhelm" Monster
If you wear many hats, manage a family and/or a business, it is easy to feel overwhelmed on a regular basis. Too much to do, not enough time, money, or help to do it.
5 Ways to Fight Pessimism
Some people are naturally pessimistic and are happy being so. They view themselves as pragmatic and as having a better sense of reality.
People Who Get What They Want: What Are They Thinking?
Imagine being able to choose any outcome and automaticallyfeel motivated to make it happen.No matter what's standing in your way, you'd be so driven that you would blow right past it.
What Gets Your Ass Out Of Bed?
What is Your Challenge
January is almost over.Why do most New Year's Resolutions fail?By now, many New Years resolutions would be thrown out,forgotten, shrugged off.
Section Site Map - Submit News - Feedback - Comments - Advertise with Us
Copyright © BoxingScene.com LLC. All rights reserved.