Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Miranda vs Mayol Appears To Be Back On For May 12th - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  4/30/2012       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
Miranda vs Mayol Appears To Be Back On For May 12th
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

The ten round non-title  clash between  former champions Rodel Mayol and Julio Cesar “Pingo” Miranda on the May 12th undercard of the “Island Assault” trilogy between WBO flyweight champion Brian Viloria and Omar Nino Romero is on after all.

MP Promotions Michael Koncz had told us several times that Mayol had not sparred despite the fact that he was training in Baguio City alongside Manny Pacquiao and wouldn’t fight Miranda because   no deal had been reached with Zanfer Promotions and he couldn’t fight without having sparred..

However, after Solar Sports announced the fight at a luncheon tele-conference with Viloria, Koncz said the fight is on although he is still waiting for an agreement on the purse he was asking for from Zanfer Promotions.

At the same time when told that the Manila Standard learned that Mayol had indeed been sparring at the Shape Up Gym in Baguio contrary to his statement that he hadn’t, Koncz said Mayol had sparred “but it was not serious sparring.”

For the past two weeks Solar Sports and Zanfer Promotions of Fernando Beltran who handles Miranda claimed that Juan  Carlos of Zanfer had reached agreement with Koncz on the fight although Koncz said Carlos had proposed the fight but that he hadn’t gotten back to him.

Mayol was scheduled to fight WBA flyweight champion Hernan “Tyson” Marquez last March 24 but refused to fight when Marquez was overweight by two pounds and Mexican officials controversially ruled that Marquez had made the weight a few minutes later even without any effort to shed off the excess poundage.

In order to appease Zanfer Promotions and Mexican fight fans Koncz agreed to allow Richie Mepranum to face Marquez in a ten round non-title fight which the hard-hitting Mexican won easily after dropping Mepranum  in rounds 2 and 8.

At the same time Koncz said Beltran had promised Mayol a shot at the title of Marquez sometime later this year even as the adviser of pound for pound king Manny Pacquiao claimed that if Beltran was present at the Marquez-Mayol weigh in nothing controversial would have taken place.

By coincidence, Mayol lost his WBC light flyweight title to Omar Nino Romero  on June 19, 2010 in Mexico while  Miranda lost his title to Viloria on July 16, 2011 in Honolulu, Hawaii.

Tags: Julio Cesar Miranda , Rodel Mayol



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Sports Authority of India Mulls...
  Sergey Derevyanchenko Inks Pact...
  Rios-Alvarado Trilogy is Target...
  Omar Figueroa To Return in '15,...
  Dulorme Seeks New HBO Foe as Go...
  Arum: Algieri Could Become Huge...
  Eubank: I am About To End Billy...
  Kevin Satchell: I Have Never Be...
  Jose Ramirez: Hometown Support ...
  Anthony Crolla Added To Dublin ...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.