Earlier this month, former four division world champion Miguel Cotto announced his retirement from boxing.
At the start of the year, the 37-year-old boxer had told everyone that he was planning to walk away from the sport by the end of 2017 - win, lose or draw.
Cotto (41-6, 33 KOs) ended his career on a loss, a loss that many saw as a huge upset.
He came back, for the first time since November 2015, to win a twelve round decision over Yoshihiro Kamegai in August.
Then back on December 3, the Puerto Rican superstar lost his WBO junior middleweight title by way of a twelve round unanimous decision to Sadam Ali, who was moving up from the welterweight division. The fight took place at Cotto's second home, Madison Square Garden in New York City.
Cotto also suffered a bad biceps injury during the fight and required surgery a few days later.
During his career, the boxer faced just about everyone - Floyd Mayweather, Antonio Margarito, Canelo Alvarez, Sergio Martinez, Zab Judah, Shane Mosley, Joshua Clottey, Manny Pacquiao, and several others.
"During a lifetime I have never stopped working hard for those people who are there: my family. Day after day, morning after morning, I gave my best. With my career finished, I'm going home satisfied, I'm going with my head held up high because I achieved things that I never imagined I would," said Cotto to Bryan Garcia.
"It has been a real pleasure to represent the colors of my flag throughout my life. There was never a morning that my clock did not ring at 4:15 in the morning and where I wouldn't get up to give the best of me for Puerto Rico and my family. I love them and just thank them.
"I am enjoying the family at home and doing as little as possible."
Cotto is still involved in the sport with his blooming promotional company, Miguel Cotto Promotions. He currently has two world champions in his stable, Alberto Machado and Angel Acosta.