Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Mayorga Says He is Signing Canelo Contract on Tuesday - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  7/7/2012       Read more by Osman Rodriguez         
   
Mayorga Says He is Signing Canelo Contract on Tuesday
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

By Osman Rodriguez

Former two division champion Ricardo Mayorga (29-8-1, 23KOs) appeared on television network Channel 12 in Nicaragua and claims to be the selected opponent of WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs) on the 15th of September at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

In the interview, Mayorga states that he's traveling over to the United States on Tuesday to sign the bout agreement. He promised to the win the title and then hand it over to Daniel Ortega, the President of Nicaragua. He already started training for the fight, according to the boxer.

"I'm going to stop him in five rounds. I will knock Canelo out to win another world title and present President Daniel Ortega with the belt," Mayorga said.

Mayorga, 39-years-old, has been inactive since the twelfth round knockout loss to Miguel Cotto from last March in Las Vegas.

As of Friday, the Nevada State Athletic Commission was unaware of Mayorga being secured for the fight. 

And Mayorga is known to stretch the truth - as he claimed last year to be in line for fights with middleweight champions Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Felix Sturm.

There are at least two other fighters claiming to be the selected opponent of Canelo, so it remains to be seen on who the final name will be.

Tags: Saul Alvarez , Ricardo Mayorga



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

comment by New England, on 07-10-2012
you want to complain about something? complain about this.

comment by Panginoon, on 07-10-2012
Is Mayorga a chronic liar?

comment by Mike Tyson77, on 07-09-2012
[QUOTE=Mastrangelo]Disgusting fight, "History, be part of it!" (...) Go f*ck yourself Oscar.[/QUOTE] :rofl: :rofl:

comment by DhymezFMJFan, on 07-08-2012
[QUOTE=budfr]Listen foolz, Canelo tried to fight P williams, Kirkland and Ortiz but you know the stories. What´s the big deal about Lara?? He lost to Molina but was awarded a win. Even Kirkland lost to a feather-fisted 40 year old. He wanted Cotto but Cotto chickened out, saying he´s on vacation...

comment by DhymezFMJFan, on 07-08-2012
Canelo is 40 fights in he doesn't need anymore bull**** opponents!!! His protected record just becomes more obvious with every fight. I'd love to see him finally fight someone. I believe Martirosyan Vanes would beat him fairly easy. That Mayorga stunt barely worked for Cotto but at least they wer...

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (234) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Marquez's Trainer Still Views K...
  Alexander: Amir Khan is in Trou...
  Murray: Taylor-Soliman Embarras...
  Arreola To Return on December 1...
  Golovkin To Hit Mexico To Get B...
  Luis Ortiz's Manager Explains O...
  Alexander: Mayweather Wants No ...
  Salazar-Daniel Set for WBC Wome...
  Team Luis Ortiz Claims He’s Cle...
  McDonnell: I Want To Prove Myse...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.