By Miguel Rivera
WBA/WBO lightweight champion Juan Manuel Marquez has announced that he accepted a revised offer to face WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao on November 12 in Las Vegas. Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, had advised BoxingScene.com that he sent the revised offer to Marquez on Monday morning. The offer presents Marquez with some very lucrative terms, including a $5 million dollar guarantee.
According to Marquez, the catch-weight is going to be 144-pounds, as outlined in the revised offer, and not 145-pounds as previously disclosed by Pacquiao's adviser, Michael Koncz.
"I'm going to take the offer. It's the fight I've been waiting for and I want to fight him," Marquez said.
Marquez's former promoter, Golden Boy Promotions, has the option of matching the offer presented by Top Rank. Marquez does not expect them to match the offer, because of the weight involved.
"Let's see what they offer (Golden Boy). They must match the offer and also the weight. There was talk that they wanted to get me Saul Alvarez, but I don't think he can make the 144-pound limit," Marquez said.