Luis Ramos Jr. May Return on December 8 in Costa Mesa
By Francisco Salazar
Unbeaten Luis Ramos Jr. may return back to the ring on December 8th, possibly at the Hangar at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa, CA, manager Frank Espinoza told BoxingScene.com.
Fox Sports Net is scheduled to televise the card from Costa Mesa, which is not far from Ramos’ Santa Ana home.
Golden Boy Promotions, who promote Ramos, will present the card in association with longtime Southern California promoter Roy Englebrecht.
In his last fight on September 8th, Ramos stopped hard-hitting Noe Bolanos in the eighth round of a scheduled 10 round bout.
It was Ramos’ first significant bout at 140 pounds after the southpaw has mostly campaigned at the lightweight limit. Ramos told Boxingscene.com in a recent interview that he wants to campaign at 140 pounds, but would go back down to the lightweight limit, if there was a lucrative bout available.
Prior to the Bolanos fight, Ramos has fought at the Hangar before. Ramos scored a one-punch knockout to the body against David Rodela one year ago. In March of last year, he won a hard-fought and close eight round majority decision over Jose Hernandez.
No word yet on who the 24 year old Ramos will face.