Luis Cruz Back By Mid-March, Wants 6 To 7 Bouts in 2012
By Rey Colon
Super featherweight Luis 'The Craftsman' Cruz (19-0, 15KOs), who lost his unbeaten record in 2011, will return to the ring by mid-March and wants to have at least six to seven bouts in 2012. The first fight of the year could be televised by ESPN or Fox Sports. He wants to place himself in the running for a title shot by the end of 2012.
"I want to make sure that my career is not defined by the night of November 12," Cruz said.
He admits to making a series of errors in his decision loss to Juan Carlos Burgos. At the moment he's trying to correct those errors and wants to come back strong.
"Yes, we made several fundamental errors. We are taking the right steps to return with my head held high. We are focused and have room to improve and that [type of loss] will not happen again. Sometimes we neglect fundamental things in the gym. I will work hard to correct those mistakes," he said.
This is simple, he has the skills and the power to make it, but if he doesnt fukking throw punches, he aint gonna go nowhere.Comment by EZ E on 01-28-2012
This kid live about 10 minutes away from me. I saw him come up through the amateurs and so far has kept his head straight. Among his mistakes is that he just plain take too long to get into the…Post a Comment/View More User Comments (2)