Deontay Wilder will defend his world heavyweight title against Luis Ortiz in Brooklyn on November 4.
The WBC champion and Ortiz will hold a press conference on Wednesday to promote their New York contest, Wilder's sixth defence since beating Bermane Stiverne to win the title at the start of 2015.
The WBC had ordered a rematch with Stiverne while unbeaten Cuban Ortiz - nicknamed King Kong - is the WBA's mandatory challenger to Super champion Anthony Joshua.
Joshua opted to tackle his IBF mandatory Kubrat Pulev first, live on Sky Sports Box Office, and promoter Eddie Hearn recently welcomed rumours of a Wilder-Ortiz showdown on the grounds it might speed up a WBC unification fight.
"As I'm hearing it, Ortiz could fight Wilder which is a great fight. If he does, we'd like to fight the winner," he told Sky Sports recently. "AJ is up for fighting anyone. It brings a unification fight closer, rather than waiting for next summer."
The WBC's priority, meanwhile, is to pit its champion against Joshua next year.
The organisation's president Mauricio Sulaiman told Sky Sports last month: "We will do whatever is possible and necessary to make it happen.
"That's the fight everybody wants to see. Joshua is a tremendous attraction and a positive role model, and Wilder is the same."