By Ryan Burton
Former title challenger Deandre "The Bull" Latimore (23-3, 17KOs) took exception to comments made by his rival Carlos Quintana (28-3, 22KOs) at Thursday's final press conference. The fight takes place Saturday on the televised undercard of the Floyd Mayweather-Miguel Cotto pay-per-view event.
Quintana said that he plans on facing the winner of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez and "Sugar" Shane Mosley's fight which the co-featured bout Mayweather-Cotto. Latimore felt disrespected and reminded Quintana that he has to fight him first.
"Quintana said he wants the Canelo-Mosley winner but he has to get past me first. He's been there before but I've been there too," Latimore stated as he pointed out the fact that he has previously fought for a world title. "My chance was cut short but I won't let it slip past me again. I am young and strong and won't settle for nothing less than a win."
The St. Louis native was also confident and finished by saying that he doesn't believe the fight will go 12 full rounds.
"Like I said, I am coming to win but don't be surprised if I win by KO. I'm a rising star. Here I come," Latimore revealed.
Send questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Ryan on Twitter @ringsidewriter and tune in to The Boxing Lab, Boxingscene's official audio on Tuesdays. The show is hosted by Ernie Gabion, Luis Sandoval and Ryan Burton Tags: Carlos Quintana , Deandre Latimore , Latimore vs Quintana , Latimore-Quintana