WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has not lost a fight in nearly ten years (last loss 4/10/04 KO by 5 Lamon Brewster). He's won 18 straight fights, 13 by ko (72%). Under the tutelage of the late Manny Steward, Klitschko's jab, always a weapon, became The dominant punch in his arsenal.
• In his last 18 fights, Klitschko landed ten jabs per round, nearly double the heavyweight average (six).
• Klitschko avg'd 30 jabs thrown per round, 33% more than the heavyweight average
• Not able to get past the jab, Klitschko opponents landed just seven punches per round- ten fewer than the heavyweight average.
• 18 opponents threw just 27 punches per round- 19 fewer than the heavyweight avg.
• 63% of Klitschko's landed punches were jabs (hvt. avg: 41%)
• 67% of Klitschko's thrown punches were jabs (hvt. avg.: 44%)
• Klitschko outlanded his last 18 opponents 2249-975 in total punches
• Klitschko has won 82% of rounds fought (according to data from 12 of his last 18 fights), tied for third among notable fighters with Floyd Mayweather (10/98-9/13). Roy Jones leads with 89% rounds won (6/92-3/03), second is Pernell Whitaker, 84% , (2/89-3/93). Manny Pacquiao won 81% of rounds fought from 1/06-11/11.
• Klitschko's current seven year, five month reign is now second on the all-time heavyweight list behind Joe Louis' 11 year 8 months. Larry Holmes, at seven years three months, is now third.
• Klitschko's 14 consecutive defenses rank only behind Joe Louis (25) and Holmes (20) in heavyweight title fight history.
• Klitschko's 21 Heavyweight title fight wins rank only behind Joe Louis (26) and Muhammad Al (22)
Tags: Wladimir Klitschko