Klitschko's Heavyweight Domination: CompuBox Review
WBO/IBO/WBA/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko has not lost a fight in nearly ten years (last loss 4/10/04 KO by 5 Lamon Brewster). He's won 18 straight fights, 13 by ko (72%). Under the tutelage of the late Manny Steward, Klitschko's jab, always a weapon, became The dominant punch in his arsenal.
• In his last 18 fights, Klitschko landed ten jabs per round, nearly double the heavyweight average (six).
• Klitschko avg'd 30 jabs thrown per round, 33% more than the heavyweight average
• Not able to get past the jab, Klitschko opponents landed just seven punches per round- ten fewer than the heavyweight average.
• 18 opponents threw just 27 punches per round- 19 fewer than the heavyweight avg.
• 63% of Klitschko's landed punches were jabs (hvt. avg: 41%)
• 67% of Klitschko's thrown punches were jabs (hvt. avg.: 44%)
• Klitschko outlanded his last 18 opponents 2249-975 in total punches
• Klitschko has won 82% of rounds fought (according to data from 12 of his last 18 fights), tied for third among notable fighters with Floyd Mayweather (10/98-9/13). Roy Jones leads with 89% rounds won (6/92-3/03), second is Pernell Whitaker, 84% , (2/89-3/93). Manny Pacquiao won 81% of rounds fought from 1/06-11/11.
• Klitschko's current seven year, five month reign is now second on the all-time heavyweight list behind Joe Louis' 11 year 8 months. Larry Holmes, at seven years three months, is now third.
• Klitschko's 14 consecutive defenses rank only behind Joe Louis (25) and Holmes (20) in heavyweight title fight history.
• Klitschko's 21 Heavyweight title fight wins rank only behind Joe Louis (26) and Muhammad Al (22)
[QUOTE=Michael Paine;13810918]The stats are wrong Wlad wasn't the champ until the Chagaev fight just a title holder.[/QUOTE] The stats are definitely wrong stating Roy Jones Jr winning 89% of his rds being number one He's had at least 4 or…Comment by Michael Paine on 10-05-2013
The stats are wrong Wlad wasn't the champ until the Chagaev fight just a title holder.Comment by TheIcon on 10-05-2013
You can land as many punches as you like but if you have crooked judges in town then the cards are stacked against you, everyone should prepare for the heavyweight landscape to change tonight, I expect a dominant performance by…Post a Comment - View More User Comments (3)