Advertisement
Advertisement
Boxingscene.com

Klitschko-Thompson Purse Bid: 85% Split For Wladimir

By Osman Rodriguez

Per the request of promoter Dan Goossen, who handles heavyweight Tony Thompson (36-2, 24KOs), the IBF has scheduled a purse bid for the mandatory fight with IBF/WBA/IBO/WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko (57-3, 50KOs). The purse bid will take place on March 27th at 12 Noon, at the IBF's offices in Springfield, New Jersey. Under Rule 10.E, Klitschko’s camp requested a change in the purse bid split. The majority of the IBF's board of directors voted for an 85% split for Klitschko, with the remaining 15% going to Thompson.

The fight us a rematch of their 2009 encounter, which Klitschko won by knockout in the eleventh round.

User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by Tobi.G on 03-16-2012

Thompson was a good difficult opponent for Wlad when they fought last time but this time it will be easier for Wlad.

Comment by Dirk Diggler UK on 03-16-2012

[QUOTE=Mr. Invincible;11895220]This sounds like Wlad is not happy with the 85-15 split and is lobbying for a higher purse for Thompson if I read this correctly.[/QUOTE] Of course he is :rofl:

Comment by BIGPOPPAPUMP on 03-16-2012

[QUOTE=venom5150;11895414]Thats what I got out of it as well.[/QUOTE] LOL, not accurate. Wladimir wanted more than the standard 75-25 split and the IBF gave him an 85% take.

Comment by venom5150 on 03-16-2012

[QUOTE=Mr. Invincible;11895220]This sounds like Wlad is not happy with the 85-15 split and is lobbying for a higher purse for Thompson if I read this correctly.[/QUOTE] Thats what I got out of it as well.

Comment by Mr. Invincible on 03-16-2012

This sounds like Wlad is not happy with the 85-15 split and is lobbying for a higher purse for Thompson if I read this correctly.

Post a Comment - View More User Comments (33)
Top Headlines Kirkland's Manager: Wolfe Will Make Difference for Cotto Fight Video: John Molina Feels Very Ready To Stun Terence Crawford Photos: Roach vs. Garcia, Breadman vs. Shields - Go Face To Face Video: Terence Crawford Aims To Impress in Molina Showdown Photos: Joseph Parker, Andy Ruiz - Face To Face at Final Presser Chavez Jr: I Want To Prove That I'm Ready For Elite Boxing Again Photos: Terence Crawford, John Molina Hold Open Workouts Chocolatito's Manager Gives Update on Trainer Situation Arum Paid Creighton Step-Aside Money to Set Crawford-Molina Golovkin-Jacobs Deal Won’t Be Done Today; 12/19 Purse Bid Looms Video: Luis Ortiz Talks Allen Fight, Joshua, Wilder, Scott, Matchroom British Board Will Take Action Over Chisora-Whyte Presser Chaos Photos: Bernard Hopkins New York Media Tour For Final Fight Rob Brant vs. George Carter on January 20 in Hinckley, Minnesota Photo: Roy Jones Jr., Bobby Gunn Face Off at Kickoff Presser Dillian Whyte, Dereck Chisora To Weigh-In Separately On Friday Video: Dereck Chisora Explains Why He Threw Table at Whyte Photos: Chisora Throws Table at Whyte, Chaos Erupts at Presser Misael Rodriguez, Bronze Medal Winner, Inks With Schaefer Jessie Vargas: Facing Pacquiao Will Make Me a Better Fighter Bermane Stiverne: All The Pressure is on Povetkin, I Will KO Him! Dereck Chisora Throws Table At Whyte During Presser Trainer: Biggest Fight For Charlo At 154 (Canelo) Won't Happen Crawford's Trainer: We Won't Get Pacquiao If It’s Up to Roach Andy Ruiz: I Will Die Trying To Beat Joseph Parker For That Belt! Joshua: I'm The Guy Who Should Beat Klitschko - I'll Prove It! Video: Dillian Whyte Shreds "D*ck" Dereck Chisora, Vows KO Win George Groves vs. Fedor Chudinov For Vacant WBA Title Ordered Eddie Hearn Reacts To Rumors That Kell Brook is Jumping Ship Froch Laughs at Critics Who Say He "Ducked" Golovkin Fight Photo: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in Top Form, On Weight For Return Jermall Charlo says Julian Williams match is Jones-Hopkins reprise De La Hoya: After That Win, Saunders' Offer For Canelo Cut in Half! Photos: Terence Crawford Gets in Fight Week Work For Molina Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Orlando Salido Rematch in March? Verdejo to Face Southpaw TBA In 2/3 Return to Prep for Flanagan Joshua: If David Haye Beats Bellew, I'm Fine With Fighting Him! Sergey Lipinets Hopes Win Over Lenny Z Leads To a Title Shot Photos: Britsch Hits Mexico For War With Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Photos: Ray Beltran Hits Omaha For Mason Menard Clash
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement