By Ernesto Castellanos, notifight.com
WBO/WBA lightweight world champion Juan Manuel Marquez confirmed last week's report by BoxingScene.com, and said his next fight will take place on July 16, and not July 2. Marquez says he is close to a deal to fight former lightweight champion David Diaz, at 140-pounds, and the fight will be televised in the United States. Marquez is using the July fight as a tuneup for his trilogy with Manny Pacquiao, scheduled for November 12 in Las Vegas at 144 pounds. Marquez is taking a trip to Miami, Florida to finalize some details on his July fight and then he plans to return to Mexico City this weekend where he plans to formally begin his training at the Romanza Gym for the clash against Diaz.