Anthony Joshua continued the exciting start to his professional career with his third straight stoppage victory at York Hall. The London 2012 super-heavyweight gold medallist moved to 3-0 with a second-round technical knockout victory over Hrvoje Kisicek in Bethnal Green. Joshua knocked the Croatian to the canvas with powerful combination punches in the second and the contest was stopped shortly afterwards.
The 24-year-old beat Emanuele Leo and Paul Butlin in impressive fashion last month and was utterly dominant against his overmatched opponent on Thursday night.
"I knew he was cagey and awkward and a very durable opponent. I started off calm and I built into the round and what I was planning on doing came a bit early," Joshua said afterwards on Sky Sports 1.
"A lot of the things that we've been working on in the gym, it's so important to take it into the ring and that's what we're trying to do at the minute. It's early doors but as the fights go on you'll start seeing new things and new tricks."
Joshua admitted he was desperate to impress American Holmes.
"I don't think I used my jab enough. Having such a legend sitting ringside, consciously I was thinking 'Larry Holmes is at the edge of the ring, let me pop my jab more'," Joshua added.
"But I've got to stay focused and as long as I stay focused then that's the main thing."
Joshua is being kept on his toes by promoter Eddie Hearn, with his next fight in just nine days' time on the Carl Froch-George Groves undercard before another bout on December 14.
"Next weekend, I'll be in Manchester competing again and I've got to just tone it down a bit and let my body rest once again," said Joshua.
"I've really got to get up for the fight in Manchester because whoever it is will be tough and then hopefully I'll win that because I've got a really tough opponent in December again."