North Las Vegas - USA Olympian Jose Ramirez, an electrifying, action performer in the ring, will box at the Texas Station Gambling Hall and Hotel on Saturday, March 29.
Ramirez, 21, of Avenal, California, was the crown jewel of the 2012 USA Olympic team which competed in London. As a professional fighter, he is 8-0, 6 KOs and boxes in the super lightweight division.
"Jose is on the fast track to greatness," said Hall of Fame promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank.
Ramirez will take on Boyd Henley, 10-3-1, 9 KOs, of Kansas City. Ramirez vs Henley will be the opening bout on the Solo Boxeo Tecate telecast on UniMas.
· 2012 U.S. National Championships (amateur), 132 pounds - Gold Medalist…
· 2011 U.S. Olympic Trials (amateur), 132 pounds - Gold Medalist…
· 2011 U.S. National Championships (amateur), 132 pounds – Gold Medalist…
· 2010 U.S. National Championships (amateur), 132 pounds – Gold Medalist…
· 2009 U.S. Junior National Championships (amateur), 125 pounds – Gold Medalist…
Featherweight Alejandro Perez of Salinas, California, has won four straight bouts since he lost to Diego Magdaleno of Las Vegas at Texas Station two years ago. Perez, 19-3-1, 13 KOs, will box in the main event.
Also appearing will be the former world champion Brian 'Hawaiian Punch' Viloria of Waipahu, Hawaii.
He is scheduled to box 10 rounds in the super flyweight division.
Las Vegas fighter Rocco Santamuro, 11-0, will box six rounds in the super featherweight division.
Highly decorated amateur and tremendously skilled Toka Kahn-Clary, 9-0, 5 KOs, of Providence, R.I. will also be on the Top Rank card.
Tickets are $50, $25 plus applicable fees and may be purchased at any Station Casino Rewards Center, by phone at 1-800-745-3000 or at slv.com/concerts.com
Doors are at 4 pm. First bell is 5 pm.