By Miguel Rivera
Former two-division world champion Jose Luis Castillo (64-12-1, 55KOs) is still undecided on his future in the sport. At 39-years-old, Castillo's performances barely resemble the same boxer who came close to defeating Floyd Mayweather Jr. in 2002. Most experts believe Castillo has never looked the same after his incredible war with Diego Corrales in 2005.
Castillo has also been faced with financial struggles over the last few years, but insists that he doesn't fight for the money. On February 1 he lost a ten round unanimous decision to Antwone Smith in Chicago.
"I do not fight for the money but for myself. Last year I was paid $15.000 [in beating Ivan Popoca in Chicago in seven rounds] and that is very little for a double world champion," Castillo said.
"It might have been my last fight, but it's very premature to say that I'm coming back or going to retire. I do not know, because you could say things now and then come back in a month. I have to think about it calmly and discuss it with my children and my family, and we'll see if we go or stay. "
His fitness trainer Angel Heredia, said Castillo made a big mistake by facing Smith at junior middleweight.