Advertisement
Advertisement

Joan Guzman Gets Booted From The WBA's Rankings

By Elisinio Castillo

Former world champion Joan Guzman (33-1-1, 20KOs), 37-years-old, has been booted from the rankings of the World Boxing Association, after last week's incident where Guzman weighed eight-pounds over the junior welterweight limit for his WBA title fight against Vicente Mosquera. Guzman was pulled from fight on the morning of the contest and replaced by Cosme Rivera, who Mosquera stopped in three rounds of a non-title bout.

"The world rankings committee took this decision because of the irresponsibility shown last week. It's not the first time that Guzman commited the same offense," said Miguel Prado, president of the WBA's committee.

Tags: Joan Guzman image  
User Comments and Feedback (Register For Free To Comment) Comment by mex602 on 07-06-2013

i remember back in 06 some people were talking him vs pac

Comment by mex602 on 07-06-2013

this guy is still around?? what a bum

Comment by DondiNeverLeft on 07-06-2013

The only shock here is that this site or any boxing site even mention this guys name....What no boxing news?

Comment by ramblingalp on 07-06-2013

[QUOTE=TOBYLEE1;13534758]Rightfully so. How long are they going to carry him on potential alone and not fighting. Fame will take you so far when you are inactive. What a waste of talent and he is out of his top prime.[/QUOTE] Yep.…

Comment by csande15 on 07-06-2013

guzman has been fighting, however; they were dead bodies. one of them seriously f**ked him up in december i believe. he was in the hospital after that fight.between the weight and the dead bodies, both are beating him down.

Post a Comment/View More User Comments (10)
Top Headlines Roach Says Gomez, Ramirez on Board To Help Manny Pacquiao Roy Jones Jr. Rejects Retirement Talk, Return is Not Ruled Out Dmitry Kudryashov is Now Training With Joe Goossen Gonzalez, Negrete, Delgado, Gramajo on LA Fight Club, March 4 Loeffler on Working With Haymon Side To Finalize Golovkin-Wade Ward: Barrera Not Stronger, Hasn't Seen This Speed, Conditioning Cletus Seldin Returns To Action on March 5th in Long Island Browne Gets Advice From Larry Holmes For Chagaev Bout Photos: Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley 3 Undercard Presser 50 Cent Erupts, Rips Apart Ungrateful "Sh*thead" Billy Dib Luis Ortiz-Tony Thompson Undercard Information Golovkin-Canelo: Jerry Jones Wants Bout at AT&T Stadium Sanchez Will Have Barrera Ready For Andre Ward's Clinching Ovill McKenzie-Dmytro Kucher Purse Bid Won By Frank Warren Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley: Defying Newton's Laws Golovkin-Wade Title Fight Confirmed For April 23 At The Forum Williams-Matano Title Eliminator Tops March 5 SHO Tripleheader Jason Quigley To Return on March 25th at Fantasy Springs Lightweight Contender Kevin Mitchell Announces Retirement Trash-Talking Lundy Admits Crawford Has ‘Got The Goods’ Sanchez on Facing Andre Ward With Barrera Instead of Golovkin Nielsen-Marghetti Tops March 19 Bill In Copenhagen Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo vs. Khan, Brook, Kovalev, More Stephen Ormond is Hoping To Raise Irish Spirits Joshua-Martin: Eddie Hearn Hoping To Get The Fight Done Anthony Joshua To Parker: Talk is Cheap Until The Bell Rings Khan: Canelo Deal Was So Smooth, Finalized Within Days The Real Comeback of Andre Ward Amir Khan Confident: If I Hit Canelo Clean, I Can Hurt Him! Herring Dominates Flores; Williams Survives Late Scare Mayweather Not Concerned With Canelo-Khan on 5/7 Date Roman Gonzalez Says Return Will Happen on Golovkin-Wade Rey Vargas To Return on Leo Santa Cruz-Kiko Martinez Card Timothy Bradley Formally Vacates WBO Welterweight Title Chavez Sr. Not Happy With Canelo-Khan, Wants Canelo-Golovkin Andre Ward-Sullivan Barrera Confirmed For March 26 in Oakland Photos: Manny Pacquiao Flexing His Political Muscle Back Home Golden Boy VP: Shabranskyy Was Willing To Face Andre Ward Billy Dib: Thank God I Finally Got Away From 50 Cent! Francisco Vargas vs. Orlando Salido Still a Possibility?
Advertisement

Latest Active Forum Threads
Advertisement
Advertisement