Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Jaro Says Cuello Ready For Zhong, Even in His Own House - Boxing News
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Follow BoxingScene
 
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
• Register A Free Account
• Account Login
• Boxing Schedule
• Boxing Champions
• Boxing Downloads
• Boxing Forums
• Boxing News Wire
• Boxing Photos
• Boxing History
• Boxer Search
• Fantasy Betting
• Feedback
• Fitness and Health  
• Free Homepage
• Mixed Martial Arts
• Pound For Pound
• Upcoming Fight Archive
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  4/30/2013       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
Jaro Says Cuello Ready For Zhong, Even in His Own House
Share Click Here To Email Printable version Search BoxingScene Database 

by Ronnie Nathanielsz

The manager, trainer of WBC minimum weight No.1 contender and mandatory challenger to champion Xiong Zhao Zhong of China, Aljoe Jaro, says Cuello is “willing to fight Zhong anywhere, including in his own house.”

The supremely confident Jaro, a former boxer, told the Manila Standard that he had met with Zhong’s promoter Lu Gang in China and Bangkok, Thailand and that they had agreed on a June 28 fight date but were looking at three possible venues – Macao, Dubai or China prompting Aljoe Jaro to state his ward is willing to fight the champion anywhere.

Aljoe Jaro said the hard-hitting 26 year old southpaw Cuello who has a record of 33-4-6 with 21 knockouts will start training soon for the title shot he’s been chasing for over a year after winning the WBC silver title on May 19, 2012 with a smashing 2nd round TKO over highly fancied Mexican Ganigan Lopez.

The 30 year old Zhong has a record of 20-4-1 with 11 knockouts.

While waiting for an agreement on his title shot after stepping aside initially to allow Zhong to fight for the vacant title against Javier Martinez Resendiz on November24, 2012 in Kunming, China which Zhong won by a unanimous twelve round decision, Cuello fought Japan’s Takashi Kunishige and won a ten round majority decision in Osaka.

WBC executive director Mauricio Sulaiman confirmed  the June date but told The Standard there’s no confirmation on the venue.

However, he told us the WBC had “forced them (Zhongs’s promoter) to make the fight immediately” after the voluntary title defense approved by the WBC board of governors at their convention in Cancun last year against Nicaragua’s Carlos Ortega was cancelled.

Tags: Denver Cuello , Xiong Zhao Zhong


 

 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

comment by Hougigo, on 04-30-2013
I'd laugh so hard if he KO's Zhong and loses by DQ

comment by komandante, on 04-30-2013
Cuello need to stop Zhong in China to win the fight. After the KO, Spratlys should be awarded to its real owner the Philippines..:boxing:

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (2) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Team Ortiz: Roach Can't Stop Lu...
  Hearn: Amir Khan is Very Intere...
  Hanrahan on Bumper Manchester B...
  Warrington Aiming To Be Leeds V...
  Rico Mueller Unable To Get IBO ...
  Concepcion Hopes To Get a Crack...
  Juan Manuel Marquez Says Future...
  Scott Quigg Without Foe on 9/13...
  Robert Guerrero: I'd Love To Fi...
  Hearn: Joshua Will Be Better Af...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.