Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Hugo Correa Claims He Did Nothing Wrong To The WBC - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  3/8/2012       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
Hugo Correa Claims He Did Nothing Wrong To The WBC
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

by Ronnie Nathanielsz

Mexican promoter/agent Hugo Correa went to the World Boxing Council office today (Thursday in Manila) and claimed he “didn’t do anything wrong” and sent Genaro Garcia, who was named in the signed contract, although the nickname “Panterita” which clearly indicated the crucial difference between the Genaro “Poblanito”  Garcia contracted for and the Genaro Garcia mentioned in the document was never mentioned.

Sulaiman told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard that Correa submitted three documents but failed to show the first document among four which ALA Promotions forwarded to the WBC president through the Standard.

The fourth document sent by Correa to ALA Promotions which was the first of the email exchanges with ALA Promotions in which Correa listed possible opponents of Bautista  included only one Genaro Garcia and he was identified as “Poblanito” Garcia, the fighter who had battled eight world champions including Rafael Marquez whom he knocked out in the second round.

Sulaiman said  Correa claimed “He took the fighter that he contracted and that he didn’t do anything wrong.”

The WBC president stressed “We cannot allow this thing to happen and the papers that he showed me didn’t show “Poblanito” anywhere.

Genaro “Poblanito” Garcia is the fighter contracted by ALA Promotions to fight Bautista in a ten-round non title bout in Tagbilaran City last Saturday. Instead, Correa sent a “bum” identified as Genaro “Panterita” Garcia who was overweight by four pounds and was knocked out in the second round in a fight that was a farce.

Because of the fraud perpetrated by the Mexican agent, ALA Promotions is taking legal action against Correa and has sought the help of the WBC as well as the Mexican Boxing Commission to have Correa investigated and suspended.

Sulaiman told us he had spoken to the Mexican  Boxing Commission officials who informed him they had not issued any clearance for any Mexican fighter to travel for a bout in the Philippines so far this year raising suspicions that even the clearance was a fake.

Cebu-based Mexican Mike Lopez who worked the corner of Garcia and had been with him since his arrival in Cebu said that  his manager Jesus Bolanos “told him to lie and say his record was 28 wins and 8 losses” instead of 10 wins and 11 losses. Garcia also told Lopez he had never met the Mexican matchmaker Hugo Correa.

Garcia also revealed that in Mexico he works as a chef in a high end restaurant.

Tags: Rey Bautista , Jose Sulaiman



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Eubank: I am About To End Billy...
  Kevin Satchell: I Have Never Be...
  Jose Ramirez: Hometown Support ...
  Anthony Crolla Added To Dublin ...
  Campbell Ready To Put Friendshi...
  Armand Krajnc Stages 'Fight Nig...
  Hopkins: I Embrace Being The Un...
  Gallagher: Alexander Will Bring...
  Bradley: Mayweather-Pacquiao Mo...
  Christian Hammer Gets New Foe, ...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.