By Steve Kim
Middleweight Hugo Centeno faces Immanuwel Aleem next Friday night from the Buffalo Casino in Miami, Oklahoma.
Centeno has been out of action since he stopped Ronald Montes in three rounds on December 10th.
The layoff hasn't pleased Centeno (25-1, 13 KO's) who is advised by Al Haymon and part of the Premier Boxing Champions banner. But he says he's ready to move forward.
"I feel as though it was just a misunderstanding, a miscommunication, I wanted one thing, their plan was another. The only bad thing is that they have so many fighters it's hard to keep everyone in line. I felt I was kept in the dark for awhile.
"So it got a little frustrating but I've been in the gym since December."
In Aleem (17-0-1, 10 KO's) he's facing a dangerous puncher who stopped previously undefeated Olympian Ievgen Khytrov in six rounds back on January 14th.
When asked if ring rust could possibly be a factor, Centeno told BoxingScene.com - "That's not a concern to me, right now. But I've been sparring very consistently, more recently for this camp I got a chance to work with Shawn Porter. It's been great work."
The winner of this contest will establish themselves as a middleweight contender.
"I know Aleem is a fighter that comes to brawl and give it his all but I feel as far as technique goes I'll have the edge on him. So I feel I'll be able to box him," opined Centeno.
Steve Kim is the news editor for BoxingScene.com.