By James Blears
Adrian Confessor Hernandez will fight Gilberto Keb Baas one more time, but first he’ll have the opportunity to have a voluntary defense of his hard won WBC light flyweight title.
WBC President Jose Sulaiman who presented Hernandez with the green and gold belt, confirms this proposal will be voted on by the Board of Governors.
Hernandez who was sporting a black eye and a slightly jaded look after the grueling eleven round Saturday night war in Texcoco, had previously Ko’d Keb in four rounds, three years back. And he was winning a war of attrition this time around, when the doctor and referee decided Keb had, had enough.
Mildly agreeable to a third ring clash he said: “Gilberto has been a great opponent, but I feel my preparation was better in order to win. His corner protested and want a re-match.
“It’s a very different feeling to be a world champion and a great responsibility. As champion it motivates me to prepare even better to maintain what I’ve got. My plans are to stay as a light flyweight for some time. I need a rest right now, but I’ll be ready to fight in two and a half months and I’d like my first title defense to be in Toluca.”
Jose Sulaiman said: “This was one of the very best fights I’ve seen in the last two to three years. I believe that as a former champion Keb deserves another opportunity, but first Adrian has a voluntary defense. Adrian fought very well. I saw from round one to the end, the determination in his eyes.” Tags: Adrian Hernandez , Gilberto Keb , Hernandez-Keb , Hernandez vs Keb