By Corey Erdman
Middleweight contender Ronald Hearns has not yet been contacted about a fight with Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. Earlier this week, Hearns and Japanese boxer Nobuhiro Ishida, were mentioned as possible opponents for the Mexican boxer's first defense of the WBC middleweight title, which is tenative for September 24 in Mexico.
A fight in September is not likely. Hearns suffered a broken hand in the loss to Felix Sturm in February, and he just left therapy on Wednesday. Hearns was expecting a tune-up fight first, but says he would be open to facing Chavez before the end of the year nonetheless.
However, in an earlier report on BoxingScene.com, Ishida said he was ready and willing to fight Chavez in September.
Corey Erdman hosts The Score on SIRIUS 158.Tags: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr , Ronald Hearns