As previously reported on BoxingScene.com, Anthony Joshua slammed a media conference staged by Joseph Parker and his promoters - labeling it as unprofessional and claiming it detracted from the credibility of the heavyweight division.
Parker's promotional company Duco Events held a news conference on Wednesday in Auckland, where they played a compilation of Joshua being sent to the canvas.
Duco founder and director David Higgins demanded Parker should have no less than a 35 percent split of the purse from a fight with Joshua, with March having been mentioned as a potential date for a meeting between the two.
Higgins, WBO champion Parker and his trainer Kevin Barry offered explanations why he would defeat WBA, IBO and IBF champion Joshua, who they dubbed 'Glass Jaw Joshua'.
"The fight's still not made... He's investing his time in the wrong areas - does he want publicity? Is it a PR stunt? It's not about worrying about who we fought or who we fight because I've worked my way through the ranks - from my 15th fight I competed for the heavyweight championship of the world - 15 fights in, three years as a professional," Joshua said.
Joshua's promoter, Eddie Hearn of Matchroom, says a deal is close and Joshua is pressing him for the fight.
"We are single digits, percentages away right now, and we have to be creative. We have to look the revenue streams. We are already talking about potential venues, potential dates, so it's a good sign. I believe they want the fight. They have done a good job on Anthony Joshua, because his message to me last night was very simple, 'let me at him,'" Hearn told Sky Sports.
"He's winding him up, he's pushing the right buttons to get the bite out of Anthony Joshua and Anthony wants to fight Joseph Parker. He wants to do a job on him and we hope it's the next fight for the spring. Yes, talks there are ongoing. We're certainly further away on the Deontay Wilder fight, in terms of expectations on both sides, then we are with the Joseph Parker fight."