by Jhonny Gonzalez
WBA cruiserweight Guillermo "El Felino" Jones (37-3-29 KOs) is walking around angry because now his plan to defend title on June 25 in St. Louis, Missouri, against ubeaten Ryan Coyne, miht fall through. As previously reported. The World Association has called for a mandatory purse bid on April 28 to make Jones defend his belt against interim-king Yoan Pablo Hernandez of Cuba.
"I'm upset because [Hernandez's people] were offered a fight with me and they said no. Now, it turns out they want to fight and the WBA calls a purse bid. This can not be," said Jones.
The champion is training in Cleveland, where he is currently preparing for the fight with the Coyne. Jones said he spoke with his promoter Don King, who advised him to remain training in Cleveland while he tries to fix this problem with the sanctioning body.
"I'll stay here in Cleveland waiting to see what happens, but I think this is hurting my career, because now I have a date to defend and then you have this purse bid," Jones said.Tags: Ryan Coyne , Yoan Pablo Hernandez , Guillermo Jones , Jones vs Coyne , Jones-Coyne