The boxing rematch between Danny Green and Antonio Tarver has been put on ice for now, with negotiations between both camps breaking down.
Green lost his IBO cruiserweight title to 42-year-old Tarver in Sydney in July when his corner threw in the towel after a bruising ninth round. The 38-year-old was keen to organise a re-match, but said nutting out a deal with Tarver proved too difficult.
The Western Australian will instead take on Poland's Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in Perth on November 30.
"Tarver is a very complicated guy," said Green.
"He's cagier outside the ring than he was inside the ring, so that will give you an indication of just how hard the guy is to deal with."
Green also revealed Tarver threatened to cancel the last fight between the pair on at least three separate occasions.
"Three weeks out from the fight, I got an email," Green explained.
"I was never going to announce this ... he stood over us for $100,000.
"He wanted $100,000 over and above what the (original) contract stated, or else the fight was off.
"A week out from the fight there was another issue: the fight was off, he was going home.
"The night before the fight: the fight was off, he was going home.
"As a fighter, you just don't want to deal with this thing. You just want to go and do your job and concentrate on winning the fight."
The Perth native is now focused on taking on Wlodarczyk, a two-time world champion who boasts a record of 45 wins (32KO), two losses and a draw.
Wlodarczyk is also the the current holder of the WBC cruiserweight title. The 29-year-old previously held the IBF cruiserweight title after dethroning American Steve Cunningham.
"To fight for the WBC title against Wlodarczyk, who's one of the premier cruiserweights in the world, is a massive thing," Green said.
"I was world champion before my last fight, and I want to be world champion again.
"For my first fight back after such a devastating loss, I'm very excited."