Golovkin’s Manager: N’Jikam Has Refused to Fight Gennady
By Inna Lagun (Allboxing.ru) and Alexey Sukachev
Oleg Hermann, manager of WBA “regular” middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin (22-0, 19 KOs), informed Allboxing.ru, that certain obstacles have been removed to prevent a fight between his boxer and the WBA's "super champion" at 160-pounds, Felix Sturm (36-2-2, 15 KOs). A fight was ordered between Golovkin and WBA interim-champ Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (26-0, 17 KOs), but on Wednesday night the French boxer vacated his title and walked away from the fight.
“WBA interim champion Hassan N’Dam N’Jikam (26-0, 17 KOs) has relinquished his title and his chance to fight Gennady. A purse bid for this fight should have taken place on Thursday but hence N’Jikam had made a decision to withdraw for good. Given that, Gennady has no mandatory challenger ahead of him, he is absolutely free to hunt down Felix Sturm who is recognized as a super champion," said Hermann.
“Now we wait for the WBA to sanction the fight with Sturm. Gennady is the mandatory challenger to Felix. Maybe this fight will happen in April. The countdown for the collision is on."
Team Golovkin are going to receive a taste of bad news, as Sturm has reached an agreement to fight former WBC champion Sebastian Zbik on April 13 in Germany.
No surprise here. Said I'd believe it whe I see it and I know I will never see it. N'dam isn't fighting golovkin and neither is sturm. G needs to come to the states and beat up on some of…Comment by Mikhnienko on 02-02-2012
This is honesly [B]at least [/B]the 4th time they've tried to make N'jikam-Golovkin. N'jikam supporters cant try spinning lies anymore, he's been shamefully ducking Gena for over 2 years. This is among the most straight forward and outright ducks i…Comment by ИATAS on 02-02-2012
[QUOTE=Dirk Diggler UK;11737213]According to Eddie Hearn, he's in advanced talks to make Darren Barker vs Pirog[/QUOTE] Hershman must be the difference from HBO wanting a Pirog fight now, from HBO not wanting anything to do with Pirog last year.Comment by Russian Crushin on 02-02-2012
MW is a lost cause Cant wait until Proksa clears it outComment by Evil Abed on 02-02-2012
[QUOTE=DoktorSleepless;11737226]Wow, he says HBO is interested. Could be signed this week. [/QUOTE] Interesting fight.Post a Comment - View More User Comments (12)