Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
GAB To Ask Mexican Promoter About Switching Photos - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  1/7/2014       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
GAB To Ask Mexican Promoter About Switching Photos
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

by Ronnie Nathanielsz

Games and Amusements Board chairman Ramon Guanzon has asked his Boxing Division Chief Dr. Nasser Cruz to contact the promoters of a January 11 fight  card in Vera Cruz, Mexico and to ask them to explain  the use of photos of ALA boxers in a fight poster where three other far less known boxers were matched against Mexican opponents.

The scandal was exposed by the Manila Standard, philboxing.com and boxingscene.com after the Standard received a copy of the poster in which photos of ALA fighters WBO light flyweight champion Donnie Nietes, former WBO/WBA flyweight challenger Milan Melindo and retired fighter Reman Salem were falsely used in place of Filipino boxers scheduled to figure in a boxing promotion titled Mexico vs Philippines.

Mexican Mike Lopez who often works the corner of Hispanic boxers who fight in the Philippines told us he noticed the poster which was seen on Facebook some weeks ago and wondered how the Mexican promoters could use a photo of Nietes who is well known in Mexico because he has defended his title in Mexico several times.
 
In what seems like an obvious reaction to the “scandal” the website of promoters  Reginaldo and Oswaldo Kuchile Promociones del Pueblo quickly replaced the poster of the fight card  set to take place at the Auditorium Benito Juarez in Vera Cruz, Mexico using only photos of the Mexican fighters and the names of their Filipino opponents.
 
Respected  ALA Promotions patron Tony  Aldeguer had earlier asked GAB chairman  Guanzon to conduct an immediate investigation into the “irregular usage of the photos” and insisted that “this gross misrepresentation should not be left unheeded especially since it concern a Filipino World Champion whose photo shows him wearing a Filipino head band and a championship belt obviously to mislead the public into believing that this could be a Championship fight since it is scheduled for 12 rounds as reflected in the boxrec.com.”
 
Aldeguer disclosed that the photo of Donnie Nietes was used for Filipino light flyweight Mark Duran  while the photo of Milan Melindo was used for bantamweight super featherweight Vergel Nebram and the photo of retired boxer Reman Salem was used for Adones Aguelo.
 
Duran (11-9-2, 5 KO’s)  is scheduled to face former WBA champion Ramon Garcia Hirales (19-4-1, 12 KO’s), Nebran (11-6-1, 7 KO’s) is set to fight former WBC super flyweight champion and current WBA Latino bantamweight champion Tomas Rojas (41-5-1, 27 KO’s)  while Philippine Boxing Federation champion Aguelo (20-8-2, 12 KO’s)will clash with former Latino champion Nery Saguilan (26-4-1, 10 KO’s).
 
Filipino promoter and boxing manager Gabriel “Bebot” Elorde Jr told the Manila Standard that he had worked out the contracts of the three Filipino boxers but flatly denied he had anything to do with the misrepresentation in the fight poster.
 
Aldeguer told the Manila Standard he had he asked the GAB chairman to identify who the Filipino matchmaker who arranged for these Filipino fighters to fight in Mexico was “since we are sure your office has a copy of their fight contract and also for their travel requirements which needs your approval.”
 
Aldeguer added “we want to get into the bottom of this to find out who sent these photos to the Mexican promoter as we intend to file  legal charges against the person responsible for these false representation of our fighters Donnie Nietes and Milan Melindo” even as he asked Guanzon to “give us the necessary information soonest before the January 11 event in Mexico.”

Tags: boxing



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Donnie Nietes Honors The Memory...
  Gasca Gets Second Crack at IBO ...
  Chisora Reflects on His Past as...
  Lucian Bute is Planning To Retu...
  Denver Cuello, Sonny Boy Jaro T...
  Pacquiao Shows Character in Sel...
  Tyson Fury Admits Chisora Remat...
  Adrian Hernandez Targets Roman ...
  Bryan Vasquez-Sergio Thompson o...
  Castillo Tells Provodnikov: Thi...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.