WBC super middleweight champion Carl Froch says he will take his anger and frustration out on Andre Ward in the ring, after the American postponed their fight. Froch had been set for a unification showdown with Ward, holder of the WBA belt, in Atlantic City on October 29. However, the fight has been postponed after Ward sustained a cut which needed stitches during sparring.
Froch revealed he was still waiting for photographic evidence of the cut, but said he would not let the setback distract him from his goal of winning the Super Six showdown and claiming the WBA belt.
"I've been doing some great sparring and now I've got to take my foot off the gas, ease off, have a bit of a rest, probably a week to 10 days off, and then get back on it," he told Soccer AM. "It's happened before so I'm used to it so I'm not going to cry in my pillow at night over it, I'm just going to think about what I'm going to do to Ward and make him pay when I fight him!
"He has something I want, which is the WBA title, and I've got something which he wants, so when the fight happens we're going to be trying to do some serious damage."
The fight now looks set to take place in December, with the 4th and 10th being suggested as possible dates. And Froch is hopeful something can be agreed within the next couple of weeks.Tags: Carl Froch , Andre Ward , Ward-Froch , Ward vs Froch