Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team

Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | The Wire |  Audio  |  Arcade
Francisco vs. Gallo Set For The Viloria-Marquez Card - Boxing News
 
Follow BoxingScene
 
Advertisement
BoxingScene Archive
• Boxing Articles
• Boxing Interviews
• Breaking News
• Boxing Press Releases
• Boxing Results
• World Boxing News
Search BoxingScene

>>>Advanced Search<<<
                                                                                                                                                            ...............

 Last update:  11/12/2012       Read more by Ronnie Nathanielsz         
   
Francisco vs. Gallo Set For The Viloria-Marquez Card
Mobile Version Share Click Here To Email   Search BoxingScene Database 

By Ronnie Nathanielsz

After weeks of uncertainty that rightfully  angered his trainer Justin Fortune, Filipino Drian Francisco knows who he will fight on the Brian Viloria – Hernan “Tyson” Marquez unification flyweight title fight card at the Sports Arena in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Francisco’s opponent will be stocky, squat Javier Gallo, the 29 year  old Mexican from Tijuana who has a record of 18-5-1 with 10 knockouts.

One of Gallo’s defeats  was a ten round majority decision loss to former WBC light flyweight champion Rodel Mayol on May 7, 2011 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

Gallo is coming off a ten round unanimous decision loss to David Quijano last January 21 but he  had earlier scored a 3rd round TKO over Jason Rorie on September 9, 2011.

Francisco who is 30 has a record of 23-1-1 with 18 knockouts and in his last fight scored a spectacular 1st round knockout of Mexican Jose Carlos Vargas whom he dropped three times in the opening round.

The world-rated Francisco has been training at the Justin Fortune Gym in Los Angeles after taking a short break following the Vargas KO victory and told us he is in great shape and eager to fight anybody whom promoter Fernando Beltran puts in front of him.

There were talks that WBA champion Guillermo Rigondeaux would face Francisco on the undercard of the title fight between Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire and Jorge “Travieso” Arce in Houston, Texas on December 15 but the Cuban two-time Olympic gold medalists handlers chose Thailand’s Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym instead.

Fortune said Rigondeaux “was not interested because Drian is awfully dangerous. They are just being safe. ”  

Fortune described Francisco as “ a good little fighter who can really, really punch aside from being awkward and tough.”

The trainer who was a former heavyweight contender had earlier expressed his frustrations with the failure of the promoter to inform him who Francisco was figjting. He said Francisco is “talented and I like him but I need to know who the hell we’re fighting because its very difficult to prepare a fighter if I don’t know who the opponent is.”

Tags: Drian Francisco



 User Comments and Feedback (must register to comment)

Post A Comment/View More User Comments (0) 

   
 Top Headlines
 Advertisement
 
 MMA Headlines
 
 Related Articles
  Donaire's Return Looms For Apri...
  Ricardo Mayorga Eyes Golovkin, ...
  Canelo on Cotto Talks, Mexican ...
  Roy Jones Jr. Shreds Up 'Boring...
  De La Hoya: Amir Khan is Much F...
  Jose Zepeda is Back in Action o...
  Pascal Disses Stevenson, Calls ...
  John Duddy Lands Role in Hands ...
  Stiverne: It Will Be a Short, P...
  Pascal: Kovalev Fight is Rocky ...

 Latest Active Forum Threads
Latest Active Threads
 Advertisement

 


Advertisement



Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC. All rights reserved.