Commonwealth super bantamweight champion Carl Frampton says he has yet to be approached about any proposed contest with European champion Kiko Martinez in Belfast in December. Reports on Wednesday suggested that the European title bout is back on after their scheduled contest in September had to be postponed. However, Frampton said he had been surprised by the reports.
"I heard about [it] on the radio but it was news to me," Frampton told the BBC. "It would be nice to get the fight but it would also be nice for someone to tell me about it.
Neither me nor my manager Barry McGuigan have been approached by anyone about a fight on 17th of December at the King's Hall. It seems that people are trying to make fight without me knowing anything about it. It's just not very professional. I'm the Commonwealth champion and now have a bit of clout. We don't have to listen to peoples' demands and fight them on their terms. We have a bit say in things now."