Linland Vs. Baroni II is official (Linland Interview)....... - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 12-12-2002, 05:38 AM
realkaps

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0
Default Linland Vs. Baroni II is official (Linland Interview).......

From MMA weekly.com.......

MMAWeekly told you yesterday that Phil Baroni was looking for an opponent after Phillip Miller would not fight him, well....they found an opponent. Get ready for Matt Lindland vs Phil Baroni II!

We talked with Lindland yesterday and he's a guy who is very much looking forward to this fight.

MMAWeekly: I think this surprised a ton of people that this would happen so fast. I think the general belief is this wouldn't happen until at least April.

Matt Lindland: Yea, it surprised some people but I'm looking forward to shutting him up once again. This guy loves to run his mouth, so I look forward to punishing him this fight.

MMAWeekly: Now take me through the past 24 hours. It sounded like you were supposed to have another fight.

Matt: Yea after Phillip Miller said he didn't want to fight Baroni, they then approached me about Miller and I said I would fight him. But then when they contacted me later, I guess Miller didn't want to fight me either, so whatever. I will fight Baroni, no problem.

MMAWeekly: Is this a title fight?

Matt: No it isn't I wish it was, but it's not. I had to up the anty since this wasn't a title fight.

MMAWeekly: What do you mean?

Matt: I get his show money when I beat him...

MMAWeekly: His show money?

Matt: Yea you know how we get paid a certain amount of money to show up to the fight then we get money for winning the fight. Since this wasn't a title fight, I wanted it to be a big deal so we have agreed the loser has to give up his show money. I have to take care of my kids and my wife, so I need the extra money, let's make it worth something. The UFC won't let us do this legally so my attorney's and his attorney's are writing something out. He is going to sign it, so that's good enough for me.

MMAWeekly: Damn you aren't playing around....

Matt: This guy loves to talk this and that. He trained with us for a short time then he talks all this smack about us after he was up there. Listen to me Phil STER-RONI. Get off the juice and fight. Hopefully you can make weight if your off the juice by then...

MMAWeekly: Damn, look at you talking with the best of them...(laughs) This is a new outspoken Matt Lindland.

Matt: If they want to market themselves around guys who like to talk fine. I can talk.

MMAWeekly: How do you see this fight going?

Matt: You know, it's too bad this isn't for the title because I would like to punish him for five rounds, not three. I will punish him and after the fight he will be down to 170, not 185. I will win again, except in more impressive fashion this time.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-12-2002, 10:47 AM
James Fulton

Go Matt!

He even talks **** now... damn.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:43 PM
mmafanman
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16 mmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond reputemmafanman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 36,420.00

That was some serious verbal ownage their, Mr. Lindland.
Old 12-12-2002, 01:24 PM
Waylander
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Waylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond reputeWaylander has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 97,900.00

Awesome, he is putting his money where his mouth is, I love it.
Old 12-12-2002, 02:41 PM
ParazIT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 ParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 34,696.00
Send a message via AIM to ParazIT

Wonder what will happen if he looses....no money....
Old 12-13-2002, 02:52 PM
Piedra
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Piedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these partsPiedra is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 40,229.00

between brawling and wrestling I choose wrestling kick his ass again matt !
Old 12-15-2002, 11:55 AM
pål johnsen

i hope it will be a helluva fight...

=)

Share This With Friends

User Tag List