Frank turning into Rickson?? Pricing himself way to high?? - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 12-10-2002, 05:07 PM
Tanner Rhoden
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27 Tanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 308,830.47
Send a message via AIM to Tanner Rhoden Send a message via Yahoo to Tanner Rhoden
Default Frank turning into Rickson?? Pricing himself way to high??

Every thread I've read recently about Frank mentions that he'll fight anyone if the price is right. This seems to be killing his chance to fight in a lot of organizations.
Dana says he doesn't want to fight. Is this because he requested so much money to fight in the UFC that they don't even take him serious?

Rumors have been flying around for so long about Frank returning to the MMA world. I've heard he's fighting Almeida, Renzo, Ryan and most recently heard that he wants to fight Royce. "Rumor" has it that Frank and Royce both demanded so much money from the UFC that this fight will never take place. That and the fact the UFC won't allow Royce to wear the gi anymore.

I'm a big Frank Shamrock fan....always have been. But the fact remains that he's not getting any younger and I think he knows this. He'll be out of his prime before to long.

I can see his need for pricing himself this high. He's probably thinking about what's in store for him ten years from now. He wants to be financially secure. But he needs to look at this realisticly. He'll never fight a big name fighter demanding a huge, Rickson like purse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-10-2002, 05:08 PM
Tanner Rhoden
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 Tanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond reputeTanner Rhoden has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 308,830.47
Send a message via AIM to Tanner Rhoden Send a message via Yahoo to Tanner Rhoden

I'm not talking about Franks fighting style turning into Ricksons.....I think he would beat Rickson very easily. I'm talking about him over pricing himself like Rickson did.
One advantage Rickson had is that he came around when everyone thought Royce was the best fighter in the world. Then everyone hears about this other Gracie that is supposed to be 10x's the fighter that Royce is. Rickson knew this would draw a lot of attention to him so he said he would only fight for a 1,000,000. He got away with it, as we all know. Frank doesn't have this luxory.

There are SOOO many great fighters out there now for people to enjoy. Since Franks time of domination in MMA, names like Tito, Wanderlai, Ninja, Arona, Minotauro and Liddell have burst onto the scene to steal the show. These guys weren't around when Rickson first came into the MMA scene.

What I'm trying to say is that it's not as big a deal to the fans if Frank comes back now. Sure, it would be great. I know I would be excited, but not everyone cares
Old 12-10-2002, 05:28 PM
Zen
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Zen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond reputeZen has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 200,531.00
Send a message via AIM to Zen

I'd rather see UFC get 4 good fighters for the same price that they'd pay to get Frank or Royce. The sport needs to move forward and if Frank wants to do seminars for the rest of his life that's his perogative.

I'd love to see him fight, but huge salary demands won't help the sport grow, they will only hinder it.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:31 PM
ParazIT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 ParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond reputeParazIT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 34,728.00
Send a message via AIM to ParazIT

how much is he demanding?
Old 12-10-2002, 08:15 PM
seldomTap
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 seldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond reputeseldomTap has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 147,178.00

[quote:094a0fb8f6="Snoop Dogg"]I'd rather see UFC get 4 good fighters for the same price that they'd pay to get Frank or Royce. The sport needs to move forward and if Frank wants to do seminars for the rest of his life that's his perogative.

I'd love to see him fight, but huge salary demands won't help the sport grow, they will only hinder it.[/quote:094a0fb8f6]

I completely and absolutely agree...

There are a lot of young guys around who could in time be the next "Franks" or "Royce's" that deserve an opportunity. Frank will never be poor, he has the reputation and a great name in the sport. It is someone elses turn
Old 12-10-2002, 08:16 PM
child supreme
Contender

Location: where the chargers play and where you've never been before
Rep Power: 0 child supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these partschild supreme is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 20,240.00

i am a big frank shamrock fan too, but like you said i would rather see UFC get 4 other good fighters than one for that price and so many other fighters are coming up that frank will miss his window back in and be just another fighter that many will say"what if". i hope he doesn't get too big headed.
Old 12-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Big-g
Interim Champion

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 Big-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these partsBig-g is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 34,366.00

why the hell wont ufc let him wear the gi.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:22 AM
pål johnsen

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

frank=GOD
Old 12-11-2002, 03:25 AM
realkaps

Quoted: Post(s)
Bank: 0
Total Points: 0

The previous post that was here makes no since because Pal changed his post......
Old 12-11-2002, 04:05 AM
ShootoKing
Contender

Rep Power: 0 ShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these partsShootoKing is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 22,755.00
Send a message via ICQ to ShootoKing Send a message via AIM to ShootoKing Send a message via Yahoo to ShootoKing

PAL.... u are a retard. Spare me your ignorance.

Anyways, i love Frank.... but he needs a reality check.

Share This With Friends

User Tag List