Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Member Lounges > No-Flaming Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2006, 01:57 PM
PATO 1

Rep Power: 127 PATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond reputePATO 1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,068,262.35
Default Flame Free Boxing Talk

following on from TRN's thread about tyson,rjj etc i wanted to ask some of ya's a question

1970's Heavyweights vs 1990's heavyweights

I dont know all about the 70's HW division but i gather these are some of the best round then

1970's

Muhammed Ali
Smokin Joe Frazier
George Foreman
Ken Norton
Earnie Shavers
Ron Lyle
Jimmy Young

1990's

Lennox Lewis
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Michael Moorer
David Tua
Ray Mercer

here the heavyweights i can remember from the 90's who do you think head to head are the best era
Old 08-28-2006, 02:24 PM
THE REAL NINJA
Undisputed Champ

Rep Power: 18662 THE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond reputeTHE REAL NINJA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,188,596.71
Total Points: 1,312,459.44

I've always said it would end up split right down the middle It's just a matter of styles and skills. I would bet on most of the 90's named over Norton because of the size and power they had Vs his chin.
Ali is one of them guys where no matter how I look at it I always want to say he would win but Lewis would give him fits.
WOW just think of what a Frazier Vs Tua fight would look like or Bowe Vs Foreman . It's really hard to say for sure but I do think most fights would end up 2-1 in a 3 fight match up with whoever wants it more at the time being the winner .
Old 08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
SonnyG8R
Crazy Diamond

Rep Power: 21518 SonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond reputeSonnyG8R has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 185,239,349.16
Total Points: 2,189,712,755.88
I can't give out more K, so here's a beer ! - KESSLER A sweet Gift my man. - Hard Dick Thanks for the green - TheGoldenSnake Cheers - woftam Shine on you crazy diamond. - Jambo Boy 
So you can fuck your gay racist ass. - mickey gomez Enjoy bud! Happy Holidays!!! - mishka80 4 Being the Orignal Founder of the Green spread Karma Thread! - The Gully Gad I got you a present - ??? For when the G-Men eventually lose. - jack_the_rippuh 
all i can do - BAD-BOY Cool cat, ambassador of green K - mangler A drink for the man - mangler Good/great elder members need more gifts! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Temible
following on from TRN's thread about tyson,rjj etc i wanted to ask some of ya's a question

1970's Heavyweights vs 1990's heavyweights

I dont know all about the 70's HW division but i gather these are some of the best round then

1970's

Muhammed Ali
Smokin Joe Frazier
George Foreman
Ken Norton
Earnie Shavers
Ron Lyle
Jimmy Young

1990's

Lennox Lewis
Evander Holyfield
Mike Tyson
Riddick Bowe
Michael Moorer
David Tua
Ray Mercer

here the heavyweights i can remember from the 90's who do you think head to head are the best era
I have a couple thoughts to impart on this subject. I was first introduced to boxing in the 70's. I remember watching tons of great fights with my dad on ABC's wide world of sports for free all the time. back then guys fought top contenders several times a year. That is one of the reasons that 1970's heavy weight boxing was much better than it's counterpart in the 90's. All these guys fought each other in there relative primes (often several times) and nobody ducked anybody. In the 90's we had a great Bowe-Holyfield trilogy. But aside from that few of the top heavies actually met in their primes. Holyfield was past his prime when he fought Lewis, Tyson was past his prime when he fought Lewis and Holyfield, Bowe never fought Lewis or Tyson.

Now then, when I compare the two lists head-2-Head the first clear observation is that Michael Moorer, David Tua and Ray Mercer are all second teir boxers who would probably get ko'd by any of the top 70's heavies. However the other 4 guys: Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe, in their respective primes would have a decent chance against any of the 70's guys in their primes with the exception of Ali and Foreman.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Go fuck yourself.

Rep Power: 21498 7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute7001 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 405,651.27
Total Points: 477,505.37

I know there is a thread in NSB that says Brock agreed to terms with Klit. Today I ate lunch with a guy that is very close to the Brock camp (He used to help train Brock when he was younger, and Brock makes sure that this guy is at his fights. This much I know for sure.) and he said that Brock wasn't going to sign because of a contract stipulation that states that "If Brock wins the title that Klit gets a percentage of of his next 3 fights." Also what was said is that Brock was going to turn that down for a chance to fight in Australia in a tournament for a 5 mil purse. The money that Klit offered him was 750 thousand which would be Brock's biggest payday to date. Things might have changed since my friend talked to Brocks dad. That was of Saturday.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:43 PM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu

Rep Power: 334 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,300,776,098.28
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank "god"...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Sonny !!
I have a couple thoughts to impart on this subject. I was first introduced to boxing in the 70's. I remember watching tons of great fights with my dad on ABC's wide world of sports for free all the time. back then guys fought top contenders several times a year. That is one of the reasons that 1970's heavy weight boxing was much better than it's counterpart in the 90's. All these guys fought each other in there relative primes (often several times) and nobody ducked anybody. In the 90's we had a great Bowe-Holyfield trilogy. But aside from that few of the top heavies actually met in their primes. Holyfield was past his prime when he fought Lewis, Tyson was past his prime when he fought Lewis and Holyfield, Bowe never fought Lewis or Tyson.

Now then, when I compare the two lists head-2-Head the first clear observation is that Michael Moorer, David Tua and Ray Mercer are all second teir boxers who would probably get ko'd by any of the top 70's heavies. However the other 4 guys: Lennox Lewis, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe, in their respective primes would have a decent chance against any of the 70's guys in their primes with the exception of Ali and Foreman.
I dont believe Tua or Mercer would get KO'd by 70's heavies. They both fought guys like Lewis and Holyfield, both big hitters and dint go down or even seem hurt.
Of course the likes of Foreman and Shavers would test anyones chin.

I see those two lists of fighters quite comparable, although the 90's fighters didnt really fight each other in their primes, i think they would have faired well against the 70's fighters.

Like Sonny said, in the 70's they actually fought each other, so that era was more exciting, but the 90's COULD of been great also.

Tyson was a shell after prison IMO, so i wouldnt even include him. He belongs in the 80's.