tyson was probably the best that ever lived - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 08-13-2006, 09:43 PM
realheavyhands
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 24 realheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 254,121.53
Default tyson was probably the best that ever lived

i really belive tyson was the best that ever lived till before he fought rudduck, altho he already started the transition from a boxer to a puncher. tyson was really a master boxer who beat his opponets with speed and defense what made him special was how he held his left hand high which made his jab and hook even more powerful as a boxer and still could use his feet very well. i fell tyson only reached abour 75-80 percent of what he could of been. he never even started learining the tricks and counter punching of a boxer , all he really had was the base and great fundementals before he started not using them. if he would of kept that base of a boxer and added a nice counter right hand with his movement and relaxed more in the ring theres no telling how good he could of been. there have never been hands that fast that carried that much power from a boxer not a puncher, tyson was a boxer who could extend his punches like a rubber band. from seeing what he did to holmes and in my opinion his skills already were detieriating and homes was better at 38 then most think and tyson took him out in 4 rounds. holmes also claimes his prime was 33 years old becuase of his late start. a dancing holmes and dancing ali would of stood the best chance . and truth be told to dance you have to have a great jab and holmes was better then ali's and they wouldnt of been able to keep tyson at bay. tyrell biggs did a hell of an imatation as did tony tucker and those fights wernt even close.. lennox lewis would of been way too slow for tyson. if tyson learned the tricks and used his legs and moved in and out he could of beat foreman easliy , what happened was tyson became a bully that only care about power and all his other skills eroded if he kept his base as the best fundamental heavyweight of all time and learned the trick and leg movement he would still be champion now. which is amazing for a man standing 5'10
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-13-2006, 09:50 PM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Rep Power: 6141 NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 97,417.00

He wasn't the best. That's it. He fought average opponents. He could have been the best with a few more years with Cus. If cus was alive maybe 4-5 more years, then I believe Tyson would've broken Marciano's record and become the best boxer in history. But he didn't. He was badly influenced by Don King and this is while Givens is making him crazy.

He had the potential to become the best but he wasn't the best.

Last edited by NJFighter91; 08-13-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:54 PM
realheavyhands
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 realheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond reputerealheavyhands has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFighter91
He wasn't the best. That's it. He fought average opponents. He could have been the best with a few more years with Cus. If cus was alive maybe 4-5 more years, then I believe Tyson would've broken Marciano's record and become the best boxer in history. But he didn't. He was abdly influenced by Don King and this is while Givens is making him crazy.

He had the potential to become the best but he wasn't the best.
careerwise you may be right but there was a point where, i dont think anybody could of beat him. but i guess we'll never know
Old 08-13-2006, 10:01 PM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Rep Power: 6141 NJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFighter91 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by realheavyhands
careerwise you may be right but there was a point where, i dont think anybody could of beat him. but i guess we'll never know
Yeah I know what you mean. Trust me, I'm one of the biggest Tyson fans ever. I don't think during his career, he was the best, but he had the potential to become the best ever.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:03 PM
LOLORSKATES
Finish The Fight

Rep Power: 5904 LOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond reputeLOLORSKATES has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 356,857.78
Total Points: 3,503,231.47
Great post, man. I'm still laughing. Good shit. - sweet pea 50 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOLLOCKS Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - DorianWozniacki 

Okay this is what my coach says about Tyson..."Tyson was just a bully and every single bully that i've seen after getting cracked on the jaw will stay down, i would give Tyson credit if he rose to the occassion and went out like a warrior, but he didn't do that."
Old 08-13-2006, 10:12 PM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

The thing most people don't understand is he didn't know right from wrong. He just know he had to do something and would do it either way. He had no morals whatsoever; all he knew was that he had to survive. It was easy to steer him anyway because he had no one to guide him. While living with Cus and Atlas, if he did something wrong, they would say; no, don't do that, get back on track. After Rooney was fired and Cus died and he got into Don King and Robin Givens, no one stopped him. No one pushed him.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Verstyle
Future Champion

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Rep Power: 21567 Verstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond reputeVerstyle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,539,178,709,600.98
Total Points: 87,439,179,361,272.81
I too dig the superman look - ABOSWORTH congrats!!! - kadyo Congrats on 38K posts Vers mah homie!!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! to the big homie - Larryx2011 great lounge poster - RINGG 
interesting/good threads man. - chiguy91 for an atg poster - jazluvr For all your kindness and support - Lorily :lol1: that shyt ain't right and awkward thread - jose830 No Message - MELLY-MEL... 
Thanks bro - BulgariasFinest Welcome back bud - TBear Happy Holidays Verstyle.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - TBear No Message - TBear 
No Message - TBear 40,000 posts! :fing02: - jose830 4 d 40k - led* 40k son - MELLY-MEL... have a great time at the fight tomorrow night! - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CornerMessiah
Okay this is what my coach says about Tyson..."Tyson was just a bully and every single bully that i've seen after getting cracked on the jaw will stay down, i would give Tyson credit if he rose to the occassion and went out like a warrior, but he didn't do that."

he was gettin hit in the jaw vs. ruddock and still won both fights. tell your coach that and see what he says. bet he'll be speachless for a good second
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Hard Boiled HK
In Exile

Rep Power: 62 Hard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond reputeHard Boiled HK has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 28,999.19

Why did he fire Rooney?
Old 08-13-2006, 10:34 PM
NJFighter91
#1 P4P Heavyweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Boiled HK
Why did he fire Rooney?
Don King told him to

He wanted Tyson to be working with different people and I'm pretty sure he brought the race card up and how Tyson was managed and stuff by white guys.
Old 08-13-2006, 10:36 PM
realheavyhands
Undisputed Champion

because he felt rooney was getting all his credit.tyson had the mentality of a little boy. how can you ever be a man if when your a boy your already the baddest man on the planet, what do you have as a man to conquer, i dont blame tyson at all for what has happened to him , in my eyes hes still a sucess story , tyson is extrmemly smart and he said it best when if you look back on him 20 years from now youll say"wasnt that a bizarre individual"

Share This With Friends

User Tag List